I got a Record Deal.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ratherdashing, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I just got offered a small record/ licensing deal with a very small label called gulcher records. Anyone have any advice who had been here before?

2. what kind of music do u do

3. dude you're good i would sign with them but only a few album deal. that way if you take off you can get alot of money and make a living at it.

4. Good shit man.. e-kudos for ya.

5. Its a one album deal, so its not very long term, they said they will send out 300 promo copies to college radio stations and 150 for mag and blog reviews. When the deal goes through im gonna post a link, not wanting people to buy it(there is basically no profit in it for me) but just for people to check out

6. thats whats up man you should work really hard on this album and you might have a hell of an easy life.

7. thats very good stuff man. Tip, don't get locked into a long contract, once you start gaining fans you want to be able to move to a better label.

8. That's sooo good man! I'm reeaallyyy digging your voice and those guitar licks over those chords! If you live anywhere near Ontario hit me up, we'll jam it out!

9. Nice song man. I found myself pleasantly bobbing my head to it. Go for the record deal and get your name out there!

"Yeah you're really trying, those voices in your head would rather you dying.." :D

10. downloaded. goodlook

ya get a short term contract so you can upgrade when u get a rabid fanbase

EDIT:thefuck. no i didnt. link is down for download!

11. Kind words from all of you, thanks

12. you think im playn witcha. wats the deal with the download?

13. I might of fixed it. does it work now?

14. my advice is smoke a joint, and start writing because you got some originality there.

15. That's some talent right there man, are you with a band? Or is all of this a solo-shot.

16. You kind of sound like paul mccartney....but with gruff. I dunno. Maybe even just a tad bit of Wayne Coyne.

I like the music!
    Pretty catchy.
    Congrats though dude!

Wish you luck man!

17. Good shit man, I really enjoyed your song. Let us know how everything goes, you never know whats gonna happen. You're definitely on the right track though.

18. I like the tunes man, congratulations. hope you go far :smoke:

19. haha man i listen to rap and shit. I loved that song though :smoke:

im stoned as fuck though, so i might be a bit biased or something :smoking: