Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I got a question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by yourHIGHness, Jun 15, 2009.

1. I have been smoking weed for 7 or so years and I recently had something strange and kinda scary happen. I am a young female who is 23 years old. I've had some trauma happen about a year ago or so and now have chronic pain. I use cannabis to help mange my pain and bong it or vaporize. usually no more than a gram a night. I never smoke during the day/before work.

I was at work sitting in my chair and talking to my co workers, when I suddenly felt ill.
    It started with pain on my left side of the abdomen and traveled up my entire left side to my head. My legs got really heavy and my left arm felt cold. It was very hard for me to breathe out as well. I ended up lying down for about an hour in the first aid room. I would also note during that episode my heart rate was accelerated, but i dunno how much, but enough for my chest to hurt. I took my puffer (im asthmatic) and it didnt relieve the chest pain. When I got up from my little day dream nap I felt a little better but still funny. I didnt feel like myself until a few hours later.

What do you think it could of have been? I will go visit my doctor but I wanna know if my smoking might have something to do with what happened. I am not a legal mmj user. The only other medications i take regularly is tylenol extra strength for when im at work.

2. Check out this site www.phoenixtears.ca it will show you how to make your own cannabis medicine known as hemp oil that works quite well with chronic pain. I really think if you gave it a shot it would help you.

3. get your heart checked out - it sounds like a mild stroke. asthma doesn't make the left side of your body hurt

4. ditto on sounding like a stroke. this is a question for the pros. doesnt sound weed related tho.

5. Could of been a mild tremor, or heart murmur, but I'm no doctor. Like everyone else said, either see a doctor, or check out webmd.com

6. It doesn't sound like anything cannabis induced, but I can't make a diagnosis without actually having seen anything personally

7. It really does sound like a cardiovascular issue. Get to a doctor.

8. i hope it's not serious

9. I'm sure if she gets to a doctor, she'll be fine. It could be anything from high blood pressure to some sort of heart murmur. Or it could have just been a fluke. Younger people (like us) usualy up until their mid 20's occasionally have what appear to be heart and cardio problems that are totally benign.

10. ok so I thought I would update this thread.

I went to the doctor, and he said it was a viral infection. He explained that it was in my stomach. He advised that our stomachs have lots of blood vessels so when that viral thing was in my stomach my stomach reacted by drawing blood so it took it away from my other organs in order to rid of the infection.

and he said my eye twitches cuz im tired? i dunno about that one cuz it happens any time of day and my eye has never done that before this little incident.

im glad it wasnt anything serious :eek:

11. Don't worry too much about your eye. I've noticed that after taking a hard hit to the head (usually a soccer ball) my eye will often twitch for a week or so until it readjusts itself or something...