I get high when I listen to music

Discussion in 'General' started by spidermanlovesmaryjane, May 22, 2016.

1. So I listen to a lot of music when I'm high. I mean, a lot. Once I put headphones in and music starts playing, the headphones aren't coming out of my ears for hours. And I do get high quite often too. This all started just a few months ago, I was listening to music sober, and after ten minutes I felt this buzz in my head. It's not exactly the same as a cannabis high, but it's very similar. The music starts sounding better than it did when I first started listening to it. And my head felt like it does when I'm high--that heavy, floaty feeling. The only thing that's missing from this to a real high are the psychedelic thoughts and the munchies. So every time I listen to music, after five or ten minutes or so, I always get this head high. What does this mean? Is anyone else experiencing this? Even without headphones and when I'm just listening to music on the radio in my car, it still happens.

2. Honestly, This happens to me too! But it might just be our brains associating being high with music, so music triggers a small scale high, but who knows!

3. Ditto same here...

4. Because life sounds better in high def. We feel you on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Listening to music releases endorphins so thats probably what your feeling. You cant get baked from listening to music though. Your trippin

6. Music definitely releases endorphins so it's not uncommon to feel a "buzz" from it. Some music triggers ASMR tingles for me.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's just odd because I've never felt this kind of a buzz listening to music before I started smoking. I figured that all of the THC in my blood triggered it somehow.

8. This is basically me, there are certain songs that are just intense for me as being ripped. But I also have audio-visual synesthesia, so music creates pictures and landscapes in my head, and it's way more intense when I'm on the goofy grass

• Like Like x 1
  9. If I focus on one spot and stare for a while with the intention to get that feeling on my scalp I'll get it after 20-60 sec. I typically only do this when i freestyle.

Sent from my A460G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Yh this happens to me quite often, usually when I've stopped smoking for a while and listen to the same songs I listen to when I'm high I usually get that feeling,

11. It's like meditation for some people. I'm learning how to on youtube and it feels a lot like what you're describing.

12. ASMR videos are wonderful while high. Especially if you watch ones like Ephemeral Rift, MassageASMR or Gentlewhispering.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's all about the endorphins. You get an even stronger endorphin rush when working out.