Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I get a horrible high... every time.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by beeverz, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Smoke out of a vaporizer its way More smooth

2. [quote name='"AgMan"']Non compatible brain chemistry is my guess.

I puffed tough for 10 solid years, now I can't smoke anymore because I get a similarly bad reaction... This actually started after I ODed, I think it made me too sensitive to it now. I ODed by making food oil without gloves and getting oil all over my hands and deciding to rub it into my arms. I passed out hard in about 45 minutes after, been sensitive ever since... I do find I can enjoy a smoke if I'm on vacation and have zero responsibilities to worry about.[/quote]

You don't mean you OD'd on weed do you? Cause thats impossible you can green out and throw up but thats not overdosing

3. Smoke... less....weed. :) :p

But seriously though, if you're 'greening out' or 'pulling a whitey' every time you smoke (random expressions for someone with a lower tolerance consuming more than he's capable of handling at that moment), you need to smoke less and you need to be sure that, you're not stuffed, but that you've eaten recently and that you've hydrated yourself well.

Sometimes, a smaller puff on a well-packed bowl just isn't small enough.. you'll want to pack a single 'snap', the teeniest, tiniest little crumb, and only smoke what you're comfortable smoking.

Smoke a crumb, then wait fifteen minutes.

If you're ok after the first crumb or if you feel nothing at all, then pack another tiny piece, smoke, wait, and repeat only if necessary.

Some people have a much lower initial tolerance, and can even retain that lower tolerance for much longer, or after more sessions, than other people. It may take you a bit longer than other new smokers, but eventually, you should begin to be able to comfortably smoke a bit more.

Some people eventually discover they're more comfortable with the sensations provided by vaporization, or even edibles... but with the latter, you need to be ESPECIALLY careful that you don't over-do it, if you're something of a 'lightweight'. :eek:

You can't 'OD' to the point of death on cannabis flowers, it's physically impossible, even with more sensitive test-animals it has been hard to prove with pure concentrates or solutions of hash injected directly into the bloodstream (ie, the same amount or less water, can cause a lethal imbalance.. it's easier to OD to the point of death on water, than cannabis!), but if you eat too much, or a larger dose than you can handle in the form of a well-made edible, you'll be in for another uncomfortable experience, and it will last much, much longer than smoking.

A good edible can provide a stronger, and longer-lasting experience than smoking the same amount of material...

It's why many people don't recommend eating herb, before you're comfortable smoking it. (Especially those who don't process their canna consistently, and often use more weed, than they really need... inconsistent processing can cause green-outs because they often result in not only weaker batches made with more canna, but stronger batches made with much less... the strength and effects, are all in the processing!)

Don't worry though, with small enough amounts and decent processing, inexperienced medical patients (including little old grannies!), are often introduced to edibles before smoking.

---

In any case,starting very low, and very slow, is the best way to achieve a comfortable and enjoyable experience, and if you do attempt to eat your herb before learning to smoke it comfortably, be very careful!

Good luck! :smoke:

4. #24 Relaxxxxx, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Even eating all of that oil wouldn't have made you OD. The LD50 (amount of weed where half of test subject die) is 5 pounds of buds. Unless you were making an industrial batch of oil from 50+ plants and bathing in the oil while drinking it (which i seriously doubt) you just got really really high.

5. I would echo trying different strains. But it seems like you've given it a fair trial. Maybe it's just not for you. I know quite a few people who stopped liking the feeling fairly early on (like my sis--ironically she's the best at scoring for me and her husband). Also we are both lightweights. Very satisfied with two or three hits. Been smoking daily for almost 40 years. Very picky about the strains, (some are a bit much at one hit) don't want to be unproductive. Just now looking into vaporizers for a cleaner high.

6. you need to do this.
    prepare everything in advance.
    get bomb ass food, lots of cold water, source of music, cool CHILL friends, maybe couch,
    and last but not least take it slow, if you start to feel uncomfortable stop smoking and drink some water or eat some food. once stoned, sit back and enjoy :)

7. I have not tried this :eek:. Maybe I should? Thanks for that idea I'll try that.

8. Thanks for the help man! Very intelligent response, thank you.

9. #29 beeverz, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    Thanks for everyone's response, all great stuff! Wish me luck on getting it with everyone's ideas and such. I'll take them all into consideration :).