I find this interesting

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by papasmoke, Mar 26, 2012.

1. What a douche, trying to exploit what few places humans can't fuck up.

2. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']What a douche, trying to exploit what few places humans can't fuck up.[/quote]

The world is our play thing dude. We arent some kind of plague. Its all just a conplex chemical reaction meant for sentience to enjoy

3. We were given the universe to explore and learn

4. Idk bout this..

When flying over areas you see a bunch of beautiful trees, lakes, rivers, it all seems so natural..

Then there's cities, it honestly looks like a growth on the planet itself. This gridded cement jungle that pollutes the other areas (cells). Some cities aren't even formatted well, with a bunch of random shit everywhere and no real sewage/waste reduction or management system.

We populate the world at an alarming rate by splitting and splitting and splitting...

Some cancer cells change to normal cells that work in equillibrium with the superorganism, but majority of them are and continue to be cancerous.

Every once and a while the Earth does chemotherapy (pole switch perhaps?). This gets rid of most of the cancer but the few cancer cells left end up reproducing until the Earth's cancer has a relapse.

Face it man, were fucking Earth's cancer. I personally am cancerous but maybe someday soon I won't be. No promises for my cancer children or their cancer children.

In the end cancer can do whatever the fuck it wants to doooo!!!!!!!!! :devious:

5. [quote name='"Deriv"']

Idk bout this..

When flying over areas you see a bunch of beautiful trees, lakes, rivers, it all seems so natural..

Then there's cities, it honestly looks like a growth on the planet itself. This gridded cement jungle that pollutes the other areas (cells). Some cities aren't even formatted well, with a bunch of random shit everywhere and no real sewage/waste reduction or management system.

We populate the world at an alarming rate by splitting and splitting and splitting...

Some cancer cells change to normal cells that work in equillibrium with the superorganism, but majority of them are and continue to be cancerous.

Every once and a while the Earth does chemotherapy (pole switch perhaps?). This gets rid of most of the cancer but the few cancer cells left end up reproducing until the Earth's cancer has a relapse.

Face it man, were fucking Earth's cancer. I personally am cancerous but maybe someday soon I won't be. No promises for my cancer children or their cancer children.

In the end cancer can do whatever the fuck it wants to doooo!!!!!!!!! :devious:[/quote]

I disagree. Life isnt special, humans are. Think about it

6. Cancer would be a perfect description of humans.

If an alien species were to study and document us, they would not be impressed.

Ants are more impressing, for what tiny brains they have, they sculpt massive cities with air conditioning and heating vents, and other complex behavior still not userstood, by humans with massive brains.

7. I think this is cool as fuck. Can't wait to see all the pics and videos.

8. Cancers special too man.. :laughing:

Its totally unique to the rest of the organism functions, it uses the cells to reproduce itself.

We use animals to form communities that grow and grow into cities rofl. :p

I admit we are special but definitely on the lower end of intelligent lifeforms throughout the galaxy/universe I bet, hence the cancerous properties...:(

9. [quote name='"Deriv"']

Cancers special too man.. :laughing:

Its totally unique to the rest of the organism functions, it uses the cells to reproduce itself.

We use animals to form communities that grow and grow into cities rofl. :p

I admit we are special but definitely on the lower end of intelligent lifeforms throughout the galaxy/universe I bet, hence the cancerous properties...:([/quote]

AdvNced aliens probly started ad cancers like us

10. Humankind has reached critical mass on earth. Without factory farms and huge mechanized agriculture we wouldn't be able to exist. When I say we, I mean first world countries. When it falls apart the poor dirt scratching farmers and hunter-gatherers will inherit the earth...and the strange thing is, they won't even know our world perished....the cancer that is us, will have gone into remission.....

11. [quote name='"jmick"']Humankind has reached critical mass on earth. Without factory farms and huge mechanized agriculture we wouldn't be able to exist. When I say we, I mean first world countries. When it falls apart the poor dirt scratching farmers and hunter-gatherers will inherit the earth...and the strange thing is, they won't even know our world perished....the cancer that is us, will have gone into remission.....[/quote]

Lol.

No

12. I never understood why people get so upset with what humans do. We're just doing what any other animal would do.. We spread and preserve our way of life, just as anything else would do.

I love nature, I appreciate it, but once you start to watch it and learn from it, you'll see we're no different than them.

People try to say we're animals and then try to separate us from animals by trying to say we should be living a different way. Human nature is nature, I've said it plenty of times and will continue to say it.

Animals, like us, will consume until we can't consume anymore. Whether it be from being full or running out of a type of food. It happens in nature all the time.

Cancer is such a shitty comparison. No offense, but anyone who looks at the human race as a cancer doesn't understand nature.

Ants are impressive, I love ants, by far my favorite organism. But at the same time, they've had millions of years to perfect their only way of life. Not much variation. If anything, ants are the species that I relate most easily with humans. They wage wars, they take slaves, they raise cattle, they farm, they build, they're the human equivalent of the insect world.

At the same time, if they were the dominant species on Earth, they'd have it fucked up way more than we do..

Back on topic, James Cameron is good in my book. Who else is going to spend the money to go down there and film? While there are groups doing deep ocean things, it's expensive. It's good to see someone with the funds take an interest, if there were more people doing so, we'd probably have discovered more than a fraction of it.

Imagine Bill Gates taking a 10th of his profits and using it to explore the world to share with others.

13. [quote name='"Mantikore"']I never understood why people get so upset with what humans do. We're just doing what any other animal would do.. We spread and preserve our way of life, just as anything else would do.

I love nature, I appreciate it, but once you start to watch it and learn from it, you'll see we're no different than them.

People try to say we're animals and then try to separate us from animals by trying to say we should be living a different way. Human nature is nature, I've said it plenty of times and will continue to say it.

Animals, like us, will consume until we can't consume anymore. Whether it be from being full or running out of a type of food. It happens in nature all the time.

Cancer is such a shitty comparison. No offense, but anyone who looks at the human race as a cancer doesn't understand nature.

Ants are impressive, I love ants, by far my favorite organism. But at the same time, they've had millions of years to perfect their only way of life. Not much variation. If anything, ants are the species that I relate most easily with humans. They wage wars, they take slaves, they raise cattle, they farm, they build, they're the human equivalent of the insect world.

At the same time, if they were the dominant species on Earth, they'd have it fucked up way more than we do..

Back on topic, James Cameron is good in my book. Who else is going to spend the money to go down there and film? While there are groups doing deep ocean things, it's expensive. It's good to see someone with the funds take an interest, if there were more people doing so, we'd probably have discovered more than a fraction of it.

Imagine Bill Gates taking a 10th of his profits and using it to explore the world to share with others.[/quote]

/thread

14. Any pics yet?

15. so i get that your saying the whole system of innovation we created that have led to destruction of habitats and a huge number of problems for the future of life on earth, is normal because its the circle of life?

16. [quote name='"Versus1992"']

so i get that your saying the whole system of innovation we created that have led to destruction of habitats and a huge number of problems for the future of life on earth, is normal because its the circle of life?[/quote]

Simple reading comprehension would suggest I am saying that any other species given the same opportunities we were, would do the same thing.. I'm well aware of what we've done and continue to do to the Earth and nature.

It's not all roses in nature. Life takes what it wants to live, and live comfortably. How a male lion kills off the cubs from the previous leader so it'll be his genes spreading, or how prairie dogs murder babies of another family and bury each other alive. Give another species our hands, and several million years, while allowed to be the top predator, they'll start to mold the land more effectively. They'll begin to spread, experience more things, come up with different tones for the new items, get the ball rolling on a better vocal system. Use their hands to do what they want, when they want.

There is a balance in nature, but its order through chaos. Anything given the chance to take extra, will. It's not like the only animals to have gone extinct were due to humans..

There are several species of birds out there that will kill the eggs in a nest of a rival bird if left unattended. Give them the tools to carry that out more effectively and you'll be looking at a genocide.

17. haven't thought about it that way before makes sense but we won't be dominating for long in the grand scheme of things