I feel like I'm living to work tather than working to live

Discussion in 'General' started by didier12, Aug 8, 2012.

1. That's what I'm afraid of.

2. I would highly recommend meditation - it helped me overcome depression over issues when I was younger, as well as being a fantastic tool for being in control of your own thoughts and emotions. If you do it enough, it gets to a point of constant, easy control - no effort required, it's all natural.

If wilderness survival classes seem interesting to you - do it! Work may be a dead end for variety, so seek opportunities elsewhere. Research things you like, find things that are local/semi-local and take a chance. If you take that risk, you'll feel better for having done it afterward, even if it's a burnout - at least you tried something new and have a new story; even if you physically gain nothing, you gain something mentally, and that's key. And who knows, you could meet new people with similar interests.

If you're unsure of what you'd be interested in doing - go to stumbleupon.org, make an account, check off a few things that catch your attention, and browse that. It leads you to sites related to the subjects you check off, and has a shitload of subjects.

The main thing though, is to do new things. That seems to be your biggest problem. Have you seen Office Space?

3. Oh fuck man the "other physcadellics" is what did you in. I know several people who did the cid a lot and all the sudden one day they tell me they had a "revelation" or realization or something and they were never the same again

4. Yeah? Welcome to our capitalist society.

I know, I'm fed up with it as well. I fucking hate how much we have fucked up our beautiful world. Honestly, I wish we could just go back to a life of being hunters and gatherers. Those guys had the fucking life. Pick some berries, hunt some mammoths, chill out with some people in your village, smoke weed all day.

5. Yeah meditation has been something I've been wanting to get in to for ages but just haven't, it's the same with a lot of things, I just need to start doing.
    Yeah well I've been wanting to live in nature on my own with just a tent for like a few months so I need wilderness survival classes to help me do that, I'd imagine it would be pretty fun too.

I've done so much job research to try and find a job I like it's not funny, literally nothing appeals to me it really sucks haha. Even if something did I'd be bored of it within a few months I like new and different things, it's the same with things like music and movies too, I only seem to enjoy films and music that veer off from the traditional structure and do things I haven't seen before. I hate reccuring jokes and catchphrases and all that sorta shit. Quantum physics and the string theory and stuff like that interests me but I'm nowhere near smart enough for that shit.

6. Try lucid dreaming man, you have time for it everyday of the year no matter what. Just google that shit, its fun as fuck

7. sadly this is how our society lives now.

unless you want to make a drastic change in your life, you just gotta deal with it