I feel like I know nothing

Discussion in 'General' started by ZihgZag, Mar 26, 2012.

1. [quote name='"TokingDaily420"']Hey man I relate alot to this story. Parents were divorced after dad cheated and I did go through alot of shit with my moms bf and just bullshit....Ive been thinking about this recently too I dont have any special skills or hobbys, im not treally good at anything I mean im smart if I apply myself but im just lazy as fuck which is how every teacher Ive had has described me. I dont see myself going into a career because I dont knwo what I like![/quote]

That sounds exactly like me

2. [quote name='"paperplanes11"']

Im sitting in a pretty crowded bagel store I just LOL'd[/quote]

Well what else would I do? We're all gonna die might as well get my dick wet

3. i was in your situation once

my solution:

get a job
    smoke weed
    wack off
    listen to good music
    profit

4. #44 silentbob71, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    This is reality: You have to get into college and pursue a goal. It is not good that you didn't work from an early age, as that instills good work ethic. Time to take your life in your own hands. Achieve a good GPA, in a field that interests you, get in with a top notch professor and work with him (do a senior level thesis). You need to read about the job market also, because some degrees are rather worthless at this point. Philosophy doesn't pay the bills unless you have a PhD in hand, just remember that.

All of this is much easier said then done, however, if you are serious about changing your life and becoming a productive employee in the future it all starts from here. Baby steps, build from the ground up. For myself personally, I had a bad GPA out of high school, one barely good enough to get into a 4 year University, however, once I hit college there was no stopping me.

5. [quote name='"Tokalo"']i was in your situation once

my solution:

get a job
    smoke weed
    wack off
    listen to good music
    profit[/quote]

I do all those except a job, and I hate work

6. [quote name='"silentbob71"']This is reality: You have to get into college and pursue a goal. It is not good that you didn't work from an early age, as that instills good work ethic. Time to take your life in your own hands. Achieve a good GPA, in a field that interests you, get in with a top notch professor and work with him (do a senior level thesis). You need to read about the job market also, because some degrees are rather worthless at this point. Philosophy doesn't pay the bills unless you have a PhD in hand, just remember that.

All of this is much easier said then done, however, if you are serious about changing your life and becoming a productive employee in the future it all starts from here. Baby steps, build from the ground up. For myself personally, I have a bad GPA out of high school, one barely good enough to get into a 4 year University, however, once I hit college there was no stopping me.[/quote]

Oh okay. So get a degree in a field you don't like so you don't go broke, after working your ass off to earn said degree in said class that you dislike.

Sounds like I'd rather kill myself

7. Open up a collective. Thats my goal in the near future I love to grow and smoke weed and really dont see myself doing anything else, so Im going for it. All you need is some knowledge, a hook up with your local PD(BRIBE), and a vacant spot. Then the rest is your own creativity and hard work.

8. You seem chill to me dude.
    The only thing I have to say is stop dipping.
    That is literally so bad for you, and just trashy.

You are smart. It shows. Try doing some volunteer work. See where it takes you.

9. lol dude you're depressed
    its just a mindset
    you create your own reality

10. If you want to something to change in your life then you just have to do it. I know you probably feel like you are way behind on the learning skills thing but don't let that hold you back from being proactive and developing skills. That means worrying about it is only sending you further in the wrong direction.

Just start today. Go buy a guitar or something and start investing your free time into it.

11. Don't work then, take money from those that do and just smoke weed all day, good luck.

12. Find what you're good at, and do it.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFl0nlHaWa4]Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man - YouTube[/ame]

You'll find your purpose, do the best for you.

14. Sure that would be cool, but I wouldn't be able to put food on the table. At that point it becomes less of a dream and more of "are you stupid"?

15. One does not simply "stop dipping"

Volunteer work....? Where? I have no knowledge about that

My reality sucks, regardless of what I think about it

I have no direction at all. I play guitar... get better marginally, but in reality I have no idea what I'm doing. I just learn more riffs and a better feel for the guitar, I don't know what notes I'm playing, I don't know what scale/key/ or whatever the fuck else I'm playing

Like I said I'll just kill myself so we're all happy

I am good at nothing, except overthinking

16. this is me.

17. I had the same thing growing up man. I kinda feel the same way you do, but the thing is you just need to get out there and do something. Get a good night of sleep and put full focus into it. Also, find someone to start a new hobby like skating or something with you.. Good luck bro

18. To add to the repertoire of songs on this subject...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YfIOqUoABc]Black Sabbath Wheels of Confusion/The Straightener (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

The lyrics sound pessimistic but the instrumental at the end is like a metaphor for forgetting all that depressing bullshit and moving forward, so it's not a negative song by any means.

I've been playing for 4 years or so and am just getting into music theory. Like, I knew some basic scales when I started but I only just got into exploring all of them. It's so amazing to explore. I don't know how you can be depressed if you just sit down and think of all the amazing notes, melodies, harmonies... so much potential. Not knowing them is a positive thing, it means you get to discover them for the first time. It's a magical experience, opening up that musical side of your mind.

If you feel like you're stuck or have no idea what you're doing, I'd recommend getting your favourite guitar album (that's suited to your playing style/level of experience), sitting down and just learning it start to finish. What I do is put my earphones in playing the music, then my amp headphones over them at just the right volume so you can hear the rhythm section but your guitar overpowers the track's.

Since you like the music you get to enjoy listening to it, and this is enhanced tenfold because you feel like you're there playing it with them (if you're stoned enough :smoke:) - nothing sends shivers down my spine like imagining I'm Tony Iommi, playing along to the War Pigs solo. I've nearly finished the whole 'Paranoid' album, just gotta nail Fairies with Boots.

If you don't know the songs, albums or people I'm referring to then go and listen to Black Sabbath's first four albums now. Well everyone should do that but especially guitar players. No-one should be allowed to touch an electric guitar having not listened to Black Sabbath imo. A lot of their songs are perfect for beginners, too, Paranoid was one of the first songs I learned.

19. You want to major in philosophy? Do it, then--it's what I'm doing. With a degree in philosophy, you'll have one of the best BAs for pretty much any field of grad or professional school. After I get my philosophy degree, for example, I'm planning to hit up law school (Philosophy majors are consistently one of the highest performing majors on the LSAT).