I feel like giving up :(

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by BayouHunta, Mar 16, 2012.

1. So I haven't really been through a long relationship, and I'm wondering if you guys reach a point when the indifference needs to stop, and you start expressing your feelings/emotions more frequently as the relationship moves on.

2. #22 MMM3, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    Well once you're both committed to the relationship, obviously the indifference stops. Once she knows that you're into her, acting indifferent to her just makes you look like an ass.

Usually the whole "indifferent" scheme only works until you get her number. As it should. Once you get her number or hook up the first time, it's clear that you're both more interested in each other so you're just going to get left behind if you still act indifferent.

You're the one woofing bullshit my man. No need to start throwing around personal insults... That just shits on the point you're trying to make and makes you sound unintelligent. I understand what you're trying to say, but what I think you're missing is that Laith's not saying that you go through the entire relationship acting like you don't give a shit. Obviously, if you're in a relationship, that's not going to fly. This little ruse is something you do on dates one and two or so. That way, when she isn't around you, she finds herself wondering whether or not you're interested in her. That uncertainty is what everyone in life craves. He's not saying be a dick, he's saying let her wonder whether or not you're into her. Drop hints, but don't give it all up.

If you make yourself too easy to get, then it's no fun. I'll use fishing as an example. When you're out fly-fishing, you might catch one or two fish a day. But when you're reeling in those suckers, you bet that it's exciting as hell. Making yourself too easy to get is the equivalent of fishing at a fish farm. Sure, you'll get a bite on your first cast, but what's the fun? There's no challenge.

///M

3. As I said, you cannot tell a girl she means the entire world to you before you've even gone on a date. Do you understand how pathetic that is and how much of a turnoff women find that?

Bitter? I don't think so... I've said before that women don't interest me much. Maybe a little sex, but emotions? Not my thing.

4. When did I ever say I told her she meant the world to me? I told her I liked her multiple times because I do like her. She had problems and it never felt right making a move and then its my fault for not making a fucking move and just like that she moved on. You dont think I wanna fuck her everyday and be her man? I do but im not a mind reader and I dont play games. Im 20 years old and im not looking for an immature girlfriend im looking for a girl that likes me for who I am and potentially start a life with. This is why its so god damn hard to fall in love these days because women want Mr. perfect and they never give nice guys a chance. Im just tired of it, im tired of investing time and money in women that say they like me only to throw me aside the next day.

5. #25 yeskasmoketoke, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    [quote name='"MMM3"']

Well once you're both committed to the relationship, obviously the indifference stops. Once she knows that you're into her, acting indifferent to her just makes you look like an ass.

Usually the whole "indifferent" scheme only works until you get her number. As it should. Once you get her number or hook up the first time, it's clear that you're both more interested in each other so you're just going to get left behind if you still act indifferent.

You're the one woofing bullshit my man. No need to start throwing around personal insults... That just shits on the point you're trying to make and makes you sound unintelligent. I understand what you're trying to say, but what I think you're missing is that Laith's not saying that you go through the entire relationship acting like you don't give a shit. Obviously, if you're in a relationship, that's not going to fly. This little ruse is something you do on dates one and two or so. That way, when she isn't around you, she finds herself wondering whether or not you're interested in her. That uncertainty is what everyone in life craves. He's not saying be a dick, he's saying let her wonder whether or not you're into her. Drop hints, but don't give it all up.

If you make yourself too easy to get, then it's no fun. I'll use fishing as an example. When you're out fly-fishing, you might catch one or two fish a day. But when you're reeling in those suckers, you bet that it's exciting as hell. Making yourself too easy to get is the equivalent of fishing at a fish farm. Sure, you'll get a bite on your first cast, but what's the fun? There's no challenge.

///M[/quote]

Blah blah blah aww captain save a lame i ain't reading your essay.freedom of speech beeeotch its the internet don't get your panties bunched up.

6. [quote name='"Laith"'] As I said, you cannot tell a girl she means the entire world to you before you've even gone on a date. Do you understand how pathetic that is and how much of a turnoff women find that?

Bitter? I don't think so... I've said before that women don't interest me much. Maybe a little sex, but emotions? Not my thing.[/quote]
    I think he wants help from a straight Guy on this not a gay dude obviously since "women don't interest you" crazy how you give advice on something.and yea your bitter dude nobody said nothing about telling a girl she means the world to you on the first date.cuz that is pathetic.just like you

7. The op specifically told the girl he has a crush on her. How about reading an entire post? It's good for your brain to process information before creating a response.

Calling me gay just because you lack the intelligence to come up with a single point? Pathetic man... I'm straight, dating just doesn't interest me.

8. hahahaha

I'm just pissed that my tax money is gonna go to this prick as a welfare check. I'm out.

///M

9. Hey man, i say that you shouldn't listen to most of the guys here. Keep treating those girls like queens, because I used to be like you, and I went 18 years of my life without a real meaningful relationship. I kept treating women like they should be treated and eventualy a girl that was looking for a genuine guy came my way and we couldnt be happier together. You just have to give it time because you will find that girl that appreciates you for who you are and youll be glad you didnt change the way you treat women. Good luck man, the only thing I suggest you not caring or worrying about is finding that girl in an instant, shell come.

10. This. Exactly this. Please OP, if you take any of advice from this thread to heart, let it be this one.

11. man the fuck up

12. You are destined to be foreveralone OP, you should consider becoming a hermit. Just don't live anywhere near me because I'm gonna become one myself and I don't want anyone to cramp my style.

13. To OP: I think youre just a bad judge of character , you should see signs right off the bat if she's genuinely interested or not. You dont have to waste your time and money on girls that dont even like you. As you grow older, you'll get better at picking the right girl to actually pursue.

Not every girl deserves to be treated like a queen. Just remember that. Dont make yourself too available. And like other posters said, girls like a challenge. Not necessarily in the sense of getting your attention, but you gotta be interesting enough to make her wonder what your life story is.
    I dont know how else to explain, but being mr nice guy is so cliche and fucking boring. You gotta show a girl what makes You different from all the other nice guys. You gotta remember, most girls have a lot of options. You gotta be confident, opinionated and unique.

I noticed when i went out with this one guy, he kept agreeing with everything i had to say. It was a total turn off lol. I love a man who will literally challenge me, make me think, laugh, and show/teach me new things.

14. Be a one man wolf pack