i feel like dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eopd, Mar 28, 2009.

1. #1 eopd, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
    this is my 4 th try and every time the sprouts grow for 3 or 4 days then start dying what is wrong ? i think it might be the soil.:mad: i'll put pics :( img140.jpg

img141.jpg

img142.jpg

2. What type of soil and what lights are you using? It could also be overwatering, do they have drainage holes? Pics please.

3. #3 eopd, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    idk some cheap shit . i started as a joke but then got sirus bout it.but i got m.g all purpose plant food and lime so i guess that i'm lackin some important elements oh and i'm, using earth brite cfl

4. the root seems strong but ...:(well u c the pics...

5. If you can, I'd at least pick up some cheap organic soil without time released nutes. I don't see how that would be your problem though as many have successfully grown new plants in such soil. Is that a grow or bloom bulb? Spec should be 5500k+. When you water them, make sure you do so slowly until it drains out of the bottom, then wait until the soil dries out a little to water again. To check, poke your finger in the soil, if it's dry past your first knuckle, it's time to water. Maybe someone else has some bright ideas on what's going on.

6. thanx i think it might be a litte off all the problems noobies like me go thru

7. It's probably the lime, High PH and whatnot. I think it is your soil.

8. #8 eopd, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    here's the new set up pics .the new soil is mg organic mixed with perlite the light is some kind of cfl. no sprouts yet though. set up.jpg

lite.jpg

new.jpg

9. That's going to be much better.

10. thanx i hope . i 4get how long b4 the sprouts show ? i do i keep the light on b4 they do:confused:

11. i would move the light up a few inches. the light might be too intense for such a small seedling.

12. ok. but how long b4 they sprout

13. I usually use the wet paper towel method. But straight in the soil is just as good. I'd say about a week before you get a well grown sprout.

14. The light is burning them up, and the soil is most likely not helping things. If you want a serious start, you need to get some rapid rooters or coco-coir. Some sort of rooting plug would seriously help you out with over-watering and over-fertilization.

Just don't use rockwool and you'll do much better. Rapid rooters will seriously get you on the right track, and a little occilating fan on low speed placed about a couple feet away will keep that light cool.

Good luck!

15. it can take up to two weeks....water and cover planters with plastic wrap (it creates a greenhouse effect - keeping temp up and seed moist)...

happy growin'

16. thanx i need a little help every now and then

17. img149.jpg

img150.jpg

img148.jpg ok now what smart guy lol.j/k but 4reall now what?:confused:

18. well lets start out with how many watts your one bulb is? Then i might be able to help.
    And now that its sprouted you can take the plastic wrap off.
    Make sure your pot isnt just laying on some carpet or whatnot.

19. You're supposed to take the baggies off when they start to sprout? mine are nice sprouted little inchers with baby leaves in solo cups with baggies over top holding in moisture. Is it better to let them get sunlight at this point or CFL's/HPS's and the like?
    And don't ever say you feel like dying brotha, especially over that. Everything takes practice. READREADREAD and good luck. :)

20. the bulb is 15 watt cfl i think my wife threw the box away :mad: and dude i was talkin from my last attempt's point of view