Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I feel bad

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CasualSmoker024, Mar 19, 2013.

1. I introduced this one friend to bud, and now he's becoming TOO into it. Skips football practice to smoke, I smoke after practice sometimes, but I can at least wait until it's over. He's even gotten into some smalltime dealing to make cash to spend even more money on bud. I don't mind stoners, but I think he's falling too much into that stoner stereotype of lazy and unmotivated. I wanna help him, but the thing is we aren't THAT close, we're close and all, but not good enough friends where I can sit him down and be like dude, weed is taking over your life, especially when I smoke just as often as he does, I just time it better so that everything I need to do is done before I toke

2. People have to make their own mistakes if they are ever going to learn anything.

3. if you are the one who introduced him to bud then you are close enough to give him a wake up call or you can remain quiet and let him do as he likes just because you are not best friends with some one dose not mean you shouldn't speak up

4. HE has no self control, this has nothing to do with you. That asshole is the reason people say it's addicting.

5. so op shouldn't help said person gain some self control?
    alot of times people will start doing stuff with out even realizing it and need some one to tell them to wake the fuck up

6. Ehh, he'll be over it in time. He's just in the honeymoon phase, hopefully. You should still let him know what's up though. He absolutely shouldn't be skipping practice to go and smoke, definitely tell him, as a teammate and not a friend, to get his shit together and show up to practice.

7. You're right. It's people like this that are the reason this plant is still viewed so negatively by most people. Everyone this guy knows who see this change in him "because of pot" are now going to have a first-hand reason to think it was bad.

"Johnny was such a good athlete before he started smoking pot. Now he's a drug dealer" "Now he's moved on to more than pot, he's using cocaine" "He was arrested for cocaine and now he's in jail" "His 2-5 for dealing cocaine turned him into a career criminal!" "And it's all because pot is a gateway drug! Pot turned Johnny into a criminal" ...... Goddamn it's frustrating when other people's actions reflect poorly on you when you actually know how to keep your shit together because you have self-control...

@OP, even if you did talk with him he'll get defensive and probably not appreciate it. Only he can realize and make a change in his life.

8. Never feel bad for anything.

9. Totally agree, i remember when i first smoked, i wanted to do it all the time. Eventually i got over it and learned to control myself

10. Don't worry about it dude, like others have said, he's in the honeymoon phase. He'll tone it down in a little bit. If he doesn't, then let him know he's doing it too much and he needs to stop.

There's nothing you should feel bad about, no matter what happens, as long as you try to help him. You introducing him to weed didn't make him addicted to it-- that's his own fault.

11. Pretty much he will figure it out himself... When you first start smoking you want to be all about it.

Close thing happened to me but very different. I was single and this girl liked me she HATED that i smoked. She was very anti weed and when she noticed i was not into her she started acting like she was going to try it so i ignored it told her id never smoke her up. Talked about all the goods to bud and she found out it was really not that bad. Now she smoked more then i do and im convinced she did it so id like her more... Personally i find it very unactractive i don't know why.... She is always texting me now saying shes fucked up and sending me bud pictures.... It kind of sucks and i wish i never brought her around bud. I feel very bad about it.

12. let him know he's giving other stoners a bad rep

13. Leave him alone, maybe he is actually happier.

14. yeah, actually i would let him know whats up, just be like i know i smoke, and i helped you get into it, but i feel like you're giving not only smokers a bad rep but the football team, school etc.. a bad rep, and just wake him up, if he gets hostile and basically says fuck off, then just leave him alone, his time for a reality check will come soon enough.

15. Yeah but id tell him to chill out... Then its off you what he does from there