I feel bad for depressed people

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by afgooey, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ok to start things off im not trying to be an idiot or a troll or a jerk just expressing my honest feelings.

i have never been truly depressed before in my life. sure ive felt down at times but have always gotten over it. but i know that feeling sad fucking sucks, i couldnt imagine being sad all the time for no or little reason. i feel lucky to have been born with a perfect brain(even though its been tampered with by drugs) and to feel content and ready to take on my day most of the time. I wish the best to all of you that feel like it cant get any better, due to drug addictions/legal troubles/loss, and things will change, life doesnt like to take the same path over and over again. life is what you make it, you have to make the change, and remember its only going to be a bad day if you say it will be.

im gona end my late night sober rant now

• Like Like x 1
  2. being sober is a bitch, i could go for a bowl right now

3. i cut back on smoking so every second of soberness isnt "omg ill fucking stab my grandma for a bowl"
    kinda nice actually

4. being depressed sucks.

5. so do i.

Fuck being depressed, do a bunch of acid

6. It'll put your priorities straight for sure.

7. Well your lucky.

Because Im depressed almost every day.

My family has a very long history of manic depression so of course thanks to my genes, I follow after them.

Theres no feeling worse in the world than depression. Complete emptiness, nothing has any meaning, nothing sounds interesting or fun, completely numb, but at the same time in extreme mental pain. Thats the best way I can describe it.

8. This describes it pretty well. I hate my depression and mental problems. Consider yourself fortunate to be free from a horrible pain that one can never understand until they've felt it.

9. I know. No wonder 70% of people who commit suicide have depression or another mood disorder.

10. lol .

11. LMAO! that's what it's like sometimes.. :eek:

12. #12 ghast, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    To start, I have chronic depression (Runs in the family. 50% of my family as attempted suicide at least once). To you, OP, I don't think you realize it but in most of the cases it's not caused by loss, legal troubles, or being poor. It just happens. You can't pinpoint where it began, one day you just realized that for the past while you've been feeling shitty. Hell, it's not even the sadness that gets you.

It's the numbness. Like your living a dream, or watching a movie. You can't wake up. I've taken my lighter and just ran the flame across my arm, and shit, it's a scary feeling when you realize that it doesn't even phase you. You feel like a corpse. An automaton, or robot. Occasionally when it slips your mind, surrounded by all your friends and loved ones you get a 5 minute glimpse at reality again, and after you come back down from it you feel worse then before.

After suffering depression, you'll never be the same. Never have that glint of happiness in you. Your views on the world will shift towards the negative spectrum.

Marijuana changed everything. I felt... Normal, again. I was happy, and I enjoyed myself, and lived life by the second. Truly, it's better than any anti-depressant or opiate I could ever take.

13. The only reason I haven't killed my self yet is because of drugs.

14. I know exactly how this feels. Complete truth.

15. you can't just snap out of depression. i hate it when people tell me if i do this or that it will make it all better. or just get over it.

i'm bipolar. its a chemical imbalance.

im not gonna fucking snap out of it.

unless you have a mental illness you have no idea what its like.

16. I've experienced the teenage hormone driving depression that I would consider normal. But I cant imagine what its like to have any sort of "long term illness" call it what you want. I guess the important thing to take from this is that people who aren't depressed need to go above and beyond to help there depressed friends/acquaintances?

17. excellent deduction. help is the best thing you can offer, be there for your friends who suffer from a mental illness

18. Yea, that would probably be the most effective way to help. Therapists can only do so much...

19. I've tasted depression with the help of some horrible comedowns off of ecstasy, and man...that shit's NOT FUN!

20. Same here, man.