I don't understand black people sometimes

Discussion in 'General' started by AmazaaaasauR, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Now, before I go any further, know that I am not racist. I am just pretty god damn confused. What I don't understand is the whole concept of anti-segregation for black people, especially at my school. Where I go, it's about half black, half white. For years and years, black people have been fighting for civil rights, and to not be segregated. Yet at my school, black people all use the same restroom and don't want white people in it, and they all sit at the same table at lunch. Seriously, I'm not joking. They connect like 5 tables together and 100% of the black people in my lunch period all sit together, not letting white people sit with them. So, why in the fuck did their grandfathers fight for equality and togetherness when they never want to be around white people in the first place? It's the same way at sporting and social events, along with in the classroom. They all just group up together and don't ever talk to any white people.

2. People tend to stick with what they're familiar with. My school was half black also and most black people sat together, but a lot didn't. Sounds like you have an extreme case..nothing you can do about it

3. People will always group together with similar individuals.

Our grandfathers taught their grandfathers hate. Their grandfathers passed that hate on.

Everyone is a little racist, sexist, ect. We don't like diversity in most anything. Not saying we should just accept that, I'm just saying it's our current human nature.

Your school seems like an extreme example. My city is like 50% white and 50% black with hardly any other ethnic groups. There is hate back and fourth but most people mingle and get along. You got to when the neighborhood houses go Black, white, black, white, black, white.

4. I come to realize that Black people .....DONT LIKE BLACK PEOPLE EITHER :D

5. It must be where you're from, because I haven't seen this before... Although in Toronto they did want to start a black-only school; it seemed like a ridiculous idea to me.

6. Where about's is this mate? I am guessing US but which state?

7. What's wrong with that?

8. If they are a minority, they tend to stick together....like everyone else. And their grandfathers fought for the RIGHT to be together, not so they can intertwine 24/7. Or mabye....Yea, I ran out of ideas.

9. Oh,..... That I gotta See ......

10. You don't need more ideas. The point you made about fighting for the right is enough to make this post complete.

11. That's why you are awesome, and my self-esteem has been restored :hello::hello::hello:

12. Ebonics 101

[​IMG]

Hey Just Kiddin Huh ? .....I feel a ripple effect about to happen,

13. Walk up and sit down next to them. What are they going to do? Beat you up?

14. I never understand black people, just saying.

15. My high school was multi racial. We have yellows, whites, blacks, browns, etc. I've noticed this too. Puerto Ricans stick to there groups...so on and so forth.

But my area was the united nations...we had 2 blacks, 4 whites, 2 puerto ricans, 2 asians, and 4 mexicans...occupying 2-3 tables.

16. Came hear expecting some punk ass trolling.
    But no, you touched on a deep subject there OP.

Still...pretty disappointed.

17. Yes...

18. #18 Deleted member 288974, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    probably

19. It's just ridiculous how there is still a mentality of non equality.

We only think we are different and because of such we tend to try and associate ourselves with what is similar to us.

Be it a skin color, a life style, or anything else.

Black, white, brown, gay, bi... It's all the same.

We are all beings on this planet.

-Bit

20. Oh, so THAT explains it???

I lol'd......:wave: