I don't really know what to think about this video..

Discussion in 'General' started by whitewarrior, Jul 4, 2007.

1. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UhplzTE24Ps"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UhplzTE24Ps" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

..but I like her anyway haha. I've never met ONE stoner in my life that looks like that puppet.

2. little puppet looks much more like a crack head than a stoner, heh i guess they are trying anything these days to get kids to hate weed.:(

3. Wow, that was great, the message it sends is terrible but the video was neat it had me entranced. This could be either a really effective anti drug commercial or a hilarious stoned commercial.

Not sure which one. WW how do you find this stuff on youtube out of curiosity? You find some great stuff, my youtubeing skills are weak :D

4. Ah the glorious perpetuation of a rather accurate stereotype.

Combat it, people.

5. if i was a little kid and i watched that, alfie would defintely scare the shit out of me, hell i might not even be here now

but i probably would be ;)

6. Dude I have no idea haha.

7. man the people who hate weed are absolutely insane. i bet that cost like 100,000 pounds to produce haha. (sounds british to me)

8. lol guys, this wasnt against smoking pot, this is an english video addressing a particular problem in british society. in the UK they have a large percentage of the youth who are considered "townies/chavs/rudeboys etc.."

the people who tend to get catagorized as these chavs are kids who dress with fitted hats, hooded sweatshirts and other athletic apparel. they generally go around starting trouble and most are unemployed and form gangs and rob people to make money. its a huge problem in england, and the government has been issueing ASBO's (anti social behavior order) i think is what it stands for, but these ASBO's basically can enforce a ban on a particular action that a person has done in the past, such as people getting banned from wearing gang offiliated clothing, or people being banned from congregating with more than 2 people... stuff like that, and its to combat the huge problem with the youth.

this movie was basically addressing the male "chav's" who are unemployed, party and go aroung causing trouble all night, and sit around smoking pot all day, doing nothing at all.

the connotations of stoners in the UK is split in two groups, the stoners, who are like the typical US stoners, and then the chav's.

hopefully that gives you guys a better insight into the videos message, as its obviously aimed towards more european, specifically English viewers.

9. Lily Allen is a great singer-songwriter, and I'm SURE she smokes weed. I agree with what Retroshark says as well.

10. That video was really trippy to myself. Since i have no speakers hooked up to this thing. It tripped me the fuck out.. hahahha

-BH

11. Catchy little tune.

12. I know she smokes ALOT of weed and I absolutely LOVE her music:
    [​IMG]

13. I think this is the result of a stoner creating an anti-drug commercial.

14. thank you for clearing that up

15. yea, accurate stereotype. potheads look like crackheads now :rolleyes:

16. I do know people who really do not accomplish much in life but smoke pot. I do not hang out with them, I just know them.

Wether it is the pots fault or not I do not know

We cannot deny drugs affect people differently- some people for the better, some people for the worse.

I think we all can agree that this video does apply to SOME people.

As far as being worried about it as an antidrug campaign, and having people believe it- I would consider that a slim chance.

A good portion of us grew up on the D.A.R.E program- and look at us now.

17. I want a girl with a british accent now.

18. Catchiest...song...Ever!

19. I ALWAYS have man. Im a sucker for british girls.

20. Yes it is a catchy song. That puppet was pissing me off though, i dont really know why, but i just wanted to give him a good kick out of a second story window.