I don't know what happened.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by what what, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Some of my freinds and I were using an ouija board. I don't know if you have ever tried this. It is odd, sometimes it will work while other times it seems that something has changed the energy or somehow it just doesen't.

Well at first we thought it was great. We asked it all sorts of questions. And the planchette would spell it out. At first it was cool then it got scary. Doors around the house would open and close, and phantom sounds of vehicles entering my driveway, a car door would open and close, my door would open as if someone came in yhen it shut. I was always in the back of the house and expected it to be my sister. She often just walked in. But there was never anyone. Sounds in the attic the kitchen the hallway. I was always alone in the house. But my dad heard it too and so did my brother. It perplexed us all, then the things that my "muse ?" spelled started spelling out some scary things for me on the board. Told me he wanted me to die and rot in hell. How he was in my house.

I got rid of the board, and the noises have continued. What could be happening? Because I know that three people in my house haven't gone crazy all at once.

2. Well what kind of questions did you ask?

3. It was shit like. Are uyou male or female how did you die can you tell the future and general questions about people around me i asked was it a demon once and it said it couldn't tell. Could it have been?

4. Mmmk...

Penn and Teller did a segment on Ouija boards. They were blindfolded and tried to use it. What they didn't know, was that the board was upside down. What they found was, when youre not looking at the board, it's nearly impossible to spell out anything discernable.

Your mind just might be playing tricks on you. It's like, if it's a rainy day and youre home alone, and you start thinking about the fact that you're home alone, your mind starts to jump one step ahead of you and anticipates something creepy to happen. When it does, you say "Coincidence??". However, same scenario, and it's not rainy and its a fine day out, you won't be having those same feelings, and you won't notice the creak from your house or the wind rattling a tree.

That's my opinion, at least.

5. Respect that it's never happened to you. But these are not creaking noises. They are the sounds of a car pulling into my driveway a car doors opens and slams shut and immediatley my back door does the same. I have heard stomping, knocking and scratching sounds in the attic. It' no joke. When I'm in the back by the back door I sometimes hear footsteps in the hallway and doors to rooms opening. I always investigate these sounds and find no one or any reason.

With all due respect I was not a believer in ghosts either until I used the board. Now I seriously believe that something or someone is with me when I am alone. Things are deffinetley happening. I am not really so scared of it now but as it's energy grows or whatever it could worsen. I don't want to fear it because it feels like if I do it will get the upper hand. I don't want to interact with it anymore and it seems to really be something to this.

6. I understand that this subject on ouija boards has been debated for some time. However I was not a believer in these things. I laughed at ghost hunters and the suckers who paid them Really, I did. But now I'm not so sure man.

These sounds are actually coming from outside and inside my house, and I don't want to sound loony but a phantom car, it's sounds crazy I know but man it keeps happening and everytime I think it's my sister until no one comes to find me no more car doors no more car sounds and no ones there. Odball shit and sounds nuts. If anyone can give advice that will help dump it.

7. Ok, how do you expect anyone here to explain the unexplainable? What do you want us to say?

8. Alright, well I'd like to anounce to any wandering spirits, ghosts, ghouls, demons or whatever:

"If you exist, please come and convince me, because I think you're just the result of human mythology and in fact don't exist in any way shape or form".

I'll let you know if I'm haunted in the near future. :D

9. Okay Jack you do that but on the same note if you run across any one who might know what I'm dealing with in this forum send em up. I guess catholic preists may know and I've heard the term demonologist. Alot of catholic bashing going on here. Good for them!

10. Hmmm Nothing yet.

That tells us one thing: at very least, these "spirits" are bound by time and space :rolleyes:

11. That's really messed up, you said everyone in the house is hearing this stuff? And these noises just started happening after using the ouiji board? Thats creepy man, real creepy.

12. No hauntings yet.

Are these lost spirits busy or something?

13. To each is own. or in the words of R_M "Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks". I definately bilieve in ghosts. but everyone has their own views. i dont personally bilieve anything about oiji boards, but i dont discredit them simply becouse others have discredited them. whos to say there are no ghosts, that would be one in the same with saying there are ghosts. we just dont know.

14. True that, Bliz.

My rationale is just because it's something we can never disprove is no reason to believe in it.

If I see a ghost, I'll be inclined to believe. Until then, I'll consider it foolish nonsense brought on by an extreme fear of death.

15. Changed energy, thats definatly it.

You basically have two possibilities:

1. demonic spirits were running around your house, spelling out messages, slaming doors, driving phantom vechiles, and opening the door to those vechiles, opening your door. (oh spirits that can manipulate the physical realm as if they obey its law while at the same time violating them all) *THIS GOING AGAINSt ALL LAWS OF PHYSICS*

or
    2. the computer in your head was working upon 1. suggestion/cues and fabricated a simulation or story that you in turn believed. Now if you did much reading on the brain and cognitive function you'd realize that the brain simulates shit thats not real all the time, the human mind is extremely faulty and extremely weak in some areas.

Why don't you get 1 rationalist to come to your house, have everyone using the weegie born blind folded and have the rationalist move the board upside down without you knowing it.

There will be no messages, there will be no phantoms. GARENTEED.

mindtricks, happens to a lot of people, it has been studied and documented.

The possibility of three family members simeltaneously succumbing to complete madness (hallucinations included) is statistically higher than the idea that you have demons running around your house. Seriously think about it.

Nor would all three people ahve to be crazy, three people can hear noises, can see things, and convince themselves (or all come to the strong conclusion, an unshakeably conclusion that X is causing factor Y, when X has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with it. even if X is an imagined fantasy.)

And anyone living in the 21st century with access to basic education should be ashamed to take a weegie board seriously. that stuff is meant to entertain children guys.

But seriously, test it, get a few rationalists and disbelievers to go to your house and try to weegie board stuff. No demons, garenteed.

16. Oh c'mon man theres a very simple explanation. 1. you're brain is running with simple sounds that have other explanations and coming to scary scenerio's, to the point that maybe you're hearing noises that aren't there somtimes.

2. you have having real auditory and visual hallucinations, in which case you need to see a doctor.

3. That there are ghosts and demons fucking with you *IS NOT A REAL POSSIBILITY*. Lots of people are convinced they see ghosts and deal with demons, its not a bad commentary on you, just means that you're human and your brain, like most other humans can run with things and make more out of them then what they are.

But if you're seriously having complete auditory hallucinations go to a doctor and take your family too, theres environmental and infectious problems that can end up in hallucination.

And the chances that you've been exposed to some environmental risk or infectious pathogen are higher in the degree of billions upon billions upon billions upon billionsxSOMEINSANENUMBER of times greater.So seriously, its a bunch of people letting their imperfect human minds run a long with ideas that they already had (using the weegie board) or its an infectious or enviromental problem (or a genetic condition you all came down with at the same time).

It just rattles me to the core that people can have complete experiences that deviate completely from reality and they assume automatically that their previous disbelief in ghosts was incorrect, when by far the greater possibility is that their mind tricked them, or more soberingly that the hardwire in the skull is letting sparks fly.

The first thing i'd think if ghosts were running around my house banging doors (contradicting all known physics while at the same time obeying them) and driving cars (if i was sure my brain wasn't running with sounds) is: "What the fuck is wrong with my brain, I hope i'm not bleeding into my brain or have some type of advanced tumor"

17. If you actually review history and look as cultural myths legends and stories evolve, you'll notice that human experiences and visions and hearing with the paranormal also evolves.

People used to have visions of fairies and pixies, as each legend/myth becomes popular more and more people start having paranormal experiences with the said legend/myth. This is somthing that history keeps constant, that people's paranormal experiences correlate with the most popular shit of the time.

If you took seven people that were convinced that the weegie board couldn't work due to god's power and that only god could enter the physical realm (not spirits) in the same situation they'd be convinced that the hand of god was reaching down to give them messages. paranormal experiences evolves with the culture. There is no other explanation for that other than what goes on, sheerly goes on within the skull of the human.

If anyone for even a second believed that this guy actually experienced this shit without his brain convincing himself he did at a later date, i put a pox upon you for not telling him to go to the hospital.

18. I ready everything you posted, while some aspects i agree, most i dont. your really not proving to me, that ghosts arent real. and in that fact, your also not proving there real. i dont know about the oiji board, nor do i really care about the board as your mind DOES play tricks, but theres also alot of things about our mind that WE DONT KNOW. whos to say we cant connect to past energies. maybe not ghosts, but past energies. past visions in that area... you know? hope you understand.

19. I can't prove that ghosts, fairies, pixies, unicorns, dragons, or evil trolls don't exist. That doesn't mean that they don't. Logic can't envoke mathematical certainty but that doesn't invalidate it. If I want to claim that evil trolls are real the burden of evidence is on my shoulders, the person making the claim. No one can prove that trolls don't exist - they don't - we all know and agree on that.

You can disagree with me all you like, its not our opinions that are important - the reality of the situation is. I could argue with all my emotion and belief that the earth is flat - and I could tell millions of people that i didn't agree that it was round. All in all my opinion means nothing to the overall reality of the situation.

I have no idea what you mean by past energies - if you're suggesting that past energy can create images or illusions of people long dead - than its in the same area as ghosts - no evidence, contradicting vast amounts of physics (pretty much all of it) and no possible model for which it could work - and is never testable by double-blind scientific tests (which it would be in some way, ghosts, visions, or otherwise)

We all want ghosts to be real, we all want as of yet some unexplained crazy mystery, i'd love to see the faces of the dead even if it were only some imaging sequence from past energies animated long dead scenes, but the reality, the cold sobering reality is if those images do exist - they exist sheerly in misfirings of some jabbering neural circuits located in your head. It might not be as comforting - it might not be as emotionally inspiring - but its the truth and as such we should all honestly embrace it.