I don't know how to cook ANYTHING! HELP!

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by TokeyMcDank, Nov 10, 2010.

1. The only thing I know how to do in a kitchen is put something in the oven or turn on a microwave.

I need to know some easy stuff to make when you're high, and how to make it.

Is there like a stoner recipe and cooking site? Or maybe just some helpful stoners here that love to cook?

2. Soup is quick, cheap, easy and good for you! :hello:

Fry up chopped onions (refrigerate them first for fewer tears ;)) and any leftover meat(s) in a big sauce pan. When the onions begin to brown, add water and a couple shakes of poultry or Italian seasoning. Then you just add about anything you can find- left overs, noodles, rice, canned beans or tomatoes, packaged frozen veggies, that wilted celery...whatever! Let it simmer for a while, then make a quick salad and some garlic bread and you have dinner! :)

Granny :wave:

3. Cooking is something I love to do. When I was trying to learn I checked out cookbooks from the library. There should be lots of beginner books. Also try allrecipes.com or other sites for recipes. Try to pick things with fewer steps and components to start out with.

I also agree that soups are pretty easy to make because you really can't over cook them.

Good luck

4. Both great bits of advice, and a nice idea for a meal!

IDK why I didn't think of a recipe site, I'm sitting here stoned wondering how to get to a library when I have the internet at my fingertips.

Yay for indicas :D

5. Spaghetti is super easy, cheap, and delicious.

All you gotta do is boil a pot of water, throw in some noodles, let 'em cook, drain 'em, and toss on some sauce.

Quesadilla's
    Throw a tortilla in a hot pan and throw on cheese and whatever other ingredients you want. Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is nice and crispy.

Grilled cheese sandwiches
    I don't think I really need to explain that one, do I? :p

Grilled (whatever else) sandwiches
    I like to make a sandwich with some cheddar cheese, ham, onions, and tomatoes and stick it on the grill for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Super tasty.

Ever been to Red Lobster and had their garlic cheese biscuits?
    Those are super easy to make. There are recipes for it online, but it's basically just bisquick, butter, milk, garlic powder, and shredded cheese.

You can also make some dough using bisquick and water, flatten it out and throw some ham and cheese on one side and then roll the other side over the top to make a hot pocket kinda thing.
    Bake it for 15 ish minutes at like 375-400 degrees. I don't remember exactly. :p

That's all I can think of off the top of my head as far as super easy recipes go.

Just start experimenting, and you'll get the hang of it. I used to think I couldn't cook for shit but I just experiment as much as I can and I've learned quite a lot. ;)

6. TYVM Junkiedays :hello:

7. What do you like to eat? What's your food budget?

8. Junkie Days gave good advice. I was going to suggest pasta and grilled cheese. Do them as simple as possible the first time and try to add something new each time. Maybe buy some frozen meatballs and cook them in the sauce the second time. Chop up some veggies to toss in...melt cheese over it.

Once you feel a little comfortable try a stir fry. Its one of the easiest things to make that can be really good and look impressive. Just keep trying new things and learning new techniques.

9. Yeah, definitely buy some veggies to throw on stuff.

I don't go through vegetables fast enough to buy a whole lot of them, but I make sure to at least always have potatoes, onions, and tomatoes.

You can do a ton of shit with potatoes. French fries, scalloped potatoes, baked potatoes and potato chips in the microwave are both super easy.
    And the tomatoes and onions I just throw on any sandwich I make and a lot of other random stuff.

A sandwich with just ham and cheese can be boring. A sandwich with ham, cheese, onions, and tomatoes... That's some good shit. ;):p

10. just marry someone who knows how to cook,,, and keep them barefooted,,,pregnant,,,,and in the kitchen<-----------:cool:

11. sandwiches are your friend, I like tuna melts with tomato. To make tuna salad just mix a can of tuna (drain the water out first) with some mayo. Some people add chopped celery and/or red onion too.

Stir frys are also a great standby, just put a buncha veggies with tofu or meat (if you do meat you've gotta put that in first to make sure it cooks all the way) in a pan with some oil, soy sauce, vinegar (not too much) you can add garlic and ginger if you want but that requires some chopping/crushing. At some stores you can even buy pre-sliced mixed veggies (although you pay for it)

And Granny Storm Crow's right, soups are great. You can pretty much put whatever you want together in a pot with some water and oil and veggie or chicken stock and it'll be decent. I also like to skip the oil sometimes and put shit in a blender after cooking it til it's soft (I donno if you have one tho).

Make things in bulk, that way you don't have to cook as often

Seriously, cooking isn't that hard you just have to follow directions and there are tons of food blogs and stuff. I've found a bunch of stuff through stumbleupon.

My main problem with cooking is I forget I'm doing it and then burn shit cause I like to eat high, so watch out for that!

Good luck to you!

12. I love cooking. My favorite way was to experiment. Find what you got in the house, throw it together in a way that makes it seem at least some-what good tasting, cook however you like, and eat. My personal favorite for really good, easy to make dinner

Pork Chop tinfoil pouches on a charcoal grill. You get a porkchop on two layers of tin foil, season how you like. Then add onion directly on top of the porkchop, then add chopped carrots and potatoes. Cook on a charcoal grill for about 20-25 minutes per side. Then take package off and consume!