Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I dont feel well...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by DarkDraco, Mar 28, 2013.

1. I work in a different state than I live, Im away 2-3 days at a time. I came home today and my dad wanted to talk to me, it didnt sounds good.

My mom is supposed to be going into surgery friday because of a lump they found in her uterus, i knew about this.

He tells me they they also found a small lump in her lung but she doesnt know about it. Hes telling me to make sure Im around her more and to be happier around her because after this surgery, shes gonna have to go back again.

I hate when people or doctors talk to me a certain way, I wish they would just tell me everything they know so I can worry less and help as much as possible.
    He said they said not to worry at the moment. I kept asking to give me more details because people are always trying to make you not feel bad or emotional. He finally said it was cancer, he didnt says possibly, he just said cancer. Not sure if he meant possibly or its definite.

Not often do I get the empty sunken feeling I got when I heard that. I didnt show any emotion and kept questioning what else he knows and that was about it. I spent the next few minutes just thinking about how much I love her and dont really show it and slowly as I move through the past and present thoughts of her, I slowly get into the thought of what could possibly happen in the future. Im actually sitting here wiping tears from my face as I write this to try and get it out of my system so it doesnt happen around her.
    Without wasting anymore time, I spent some time online like anyone would to learn more about the topic, causes, treatments, and the hardest part survival rate. I tried to read as much about everything so I can try to piece the puzzle together with the little info I have.

So far it looks like its possible that its in very early stage. Either way Im trying to prepare for the future and any cost it would take. Knowing marijuana can slow down and cure cancer, Im trying to find the best way to get what strains are needed in her. She knows me and my dad use it but she never wants it herself. Shes never touched anything unhealthy as far as smoking or drinking goes.
    I am good at making baked goods, Im thinking of starting some sort of breakfast in bed and sneak some in but I dont want to make anything obvious coming out of nowhere doing things I usually dont do. It will give either or both away.

Not asking for much but just looking for more fingers to help point me the right way.
    If you read all this, thank you for your time.

2. If its lung cancer, a vaporizer is fantastic at combating that. I would get her doing that asap. Also she will need a healthy dose of Omega's, specifically DHA and EPA. The other treatment is Rick Simpson Oil or RSO. Its highly concentrated oil that you ingest. There are quite a few threads on here about the oil and its effectiveness with cancer

3. Im very sorry to hear about this. If you are in a medical state i highly recommend getting some high cbd flowers and concentrating them for her. CBD is non-pyschoactive and wont get her as "stoned" as normal strains. Harlequin and Cannatonic are two of the more prevalent CBD-rich strains, but there are quite a few of them. Follow Simpsons procedure(although i dont recommend Naptha as a solvent, but if you are fine with it then go for it.)
    Im not sure if she has consulted a dietician, but drastically changing her diet would be a good choice aswell. Food-supplements can get her most of the essential nutrients she needs if she has troubling eating. Best of luck man, i highly suggest you spend atleast a full day doing something with your mother that you both enjoy.

4. I am extremely sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for the best. With that said, if she has never wanted Marijuana, and still doesn't now you should not be trying to give it to her unknowingly and unwillingly. It is sneaky and deceptive and I simply wouldn't do it. She is someone that trusts you. Don't take advantage of that. Instead talk to her about your concerns and that you think Marijuana could help her and tell her why. If she still is not open to the idea don't force it on her. It is her choice.

5. Until the past year, I had no clue about RSO and the healing nature of it. I'd never give any medication, to anyone, without their knowledge, as much love as you have for your Mom, giving her something, that has a potential to cause an 'allergic' reaction, could cause you more harm and legal engagements, you'd best not have to deal with now. Use your time with your mom.

RSO, will and should, at the very least, slow down or stop the cancer. I read a study about it yesterday. And, it should stop it from spreading. It may have already spread from one region to the lung or the reverse. Regardless, Please, print out Granny Storm Crow's list and read selected articles to your Mom and discuss it.

Having been on rso and wondering, we seriously NEED one concise spot, that details the adverse affects of the oil. I know, stoners love it. But, when you have a disease, any
    'odd' feelings of loss of balance, concentration or issues walking without stumbling, have their own problems.

Please, ask her permission. And educate her. She is over-whelmed right now. Be firm in your persuasive teaching and accept her decision. I've offered a few, with cancer, only to have them refuse.

:(So sorry about this. Prayers with you and your family, at this most difficult time.

RSO is the oil from the plant and does not work, like smoking or toking. It is a highly concentrated dose and it does not act in seconds, it takes hours. Having to start it on such a low dose, to prevent side-effects of 'intoxication' the symptoms will very slowly go away and hardly noticeable, at first.

Giving her the medication, is the right thing to do. But, if something happens, you will be held responsible. And, your Mom and Dad, don't need that stress, right now. I always like to dream and think, I will 'slip' it to them. Ultimately, I cannot do it.

Regardless, that sinking feeling in your heart is very sad. Embrace that and go from there. Let your sadness out, here. Prepare yourself to see her. Get some real nice Head high sativa, for yourself. An Indica, won't compliment the occasion, unless, Mom partakes. Kind regards,ret

And do not hand her the papers, read them to her, if you need to.

6. Please don't sneak it into her food. Ask her if she would be willing to do a trial with marijuana/cbd/edibles. To give her the most pleasant experience, i would give her some lower medium strength edibles. If she resists, you and you're dad should get a pro marijuana doctor talk to her and put together a presentation of the cancer fighting and healing properties of cannabis. My heart goes out to you and you're family, as my dad just got over a throat cancer/aneurism scare. Best of luck.

7. x3 for what Narwhal said. Too often people consider cancer to be an instant death sentence unless you endure months of torture with chemo & radiation therapy. If you have time, talk to Granny (aka Stormcrow) here on the forums about cannabinoid treatment for cancer patients. She's the most well-versed of anyone on this board, and she's done more work with her medical compendium (also available here on the MMJ forum) than anyone I've ever seen.

8. I hate to hear that about your mom. From the story you have told, it atleast sounds like it was found early enough (hopefully).

I would really push the RSO, but I know she might not want to use it b/c its "illegal" and all the negative stuff associated w/ it (most being false). However I have recently seen a video about juicing a live young mj plant. Here check out this video. Its really really badass b/c you can take over 100 times the amount than you could when eating it, b/c it wont get you high.

LEAF [ The Health Benefits of Juicing Raw Cannabis ] - YouTube

9. That was a great video. I never even knew about that.

10. thanks everyone. her first surgery went good. she will be going in for the chest cscan wednesday to see what it is they saw.
    I have a vape and hopefully that will help. its the only thing i can use, i have weak lungs and smoke kills me
    im in MD. some stuff passed and there seems to still be a while before consumers see a change.
    im sure worst case she will end up doing what me and my dad say vs others.
    ive educated both my parents at the same time when i find new info. my dad chose my path and my mom is ok with it but still choses not to. i got her on hemp seeds in her diet some time ago so its a start.
    ive actually showed her that before. i dont have a source of raw plant though...

11. my mom is cool as shit thats why i hate seeing her go through this. she knows me and my dad dont like the taste of the cannabutter so she gets me blueberry bagels and my dad cinnamon/raisin bread to help hide the taste

12. You're in md? Me too! What part? Is an outdoor grow possible? You would get enough product to make the oil that will potentially save your mom. Lung issues tend to react well to vapor so i would see what i could do.

13. outdoor is most likely not possible. while i know people that live in the middle of woods and nothing, i dont =/

14. That's how im doing it, friends house in the woods.

15. If you were to talk to a couple local growers about your moms condition, I'm sure they would either give you what you need for free, or a severely reduced price. I would be happy to throw a couple plants your way if I wasn't in Guam.

16. I have had success in eliminating cancer from my body using the Rick Simpson formulation of Phoenix tears, an alkaline diet (see the PH Miracle by Robert Young), energy medicine (New German Medicine, acupuncture, Reiki), steering clear of environmental toxins, positive thinking and lots of internal processing of grief and healing of past trauma. I feel even without the Phoenix tears that I would have healed the cancer through diet and through healing my emotional core (as disease starts with the emotions-how anxiety and fear and anger lead to a situation of stress in the body that can lead to cancer). The Phoenix tears I believe helped me to heal the cancer quickly-in under 7 months. Perhaps you could show your Mom Rick Simpson's Run From the Cure and talk about all the legislation that is happening to clear the way for medical marijuana. It is her choice how she goes about her healing and you can provide an alternative in case she is willing to try something different that can truly bring about healing. Another great book is by Ty Bollinger called Step Outside the Box which is an excellent resource that shows the dangers of conventional treatment and offers many many many natural ways to cure cancer. Much love to you and your Mom. One thing I have learned and am learning is that we all have our own paths to healing and that can look different for each person. We might think that one path is better because there is less suffering or more of a chance to live, but in the end we all must choose what is best for us as growing souls. The important thing is that your Mom has an amazing chance to come into a greater awareness of her life and to reflect and heal the things that need to be healed. This for me has been the greatest gift. No more holding grudges. No more holding on to pain. More forgiveness and more easily arrived at. Much love to your Mom and to you.

17. dont know any growers but im gonna ask my connects if he can get me large quantities of trim they throw away. i wouldnt mind throwing a few buck for a few pounds of leaves
    thats good to hear, thanks for sharing. shes seen all the vids. everything i learn i share with them.

18. Dude too detailed..

19. Is she open to other alternative treatments? because Cannabis is not the only way to heal cancer. there are lots of options. If she is interested, I am happy to share what I know.

20. I hope you can find peace in these challenging times. Namaste.