I don't even know

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by dnlbriceno, Mar 13, 2011.

1. This shit happens all the time,
    I'll be completely numb soon,
    The hail falls turning to grime,
    I have become engulfed by a typhoon,
    Constant wind lashing me with debris,
    My skin hastily turns maroon,
    And with dementing decree finally drops me to my knees,
    My only wish is to become immune through this intense tycoon,
    But this experience we call life is more like a hurricane of haze,
    Which will one day cease giving us final peace and tranquility so opportune,
    After we complete the maze of craze we will finally set ablaze,
    A large garden of exhausting memories at a time which couldn't have come too soon,
    Death is everlasting rest like the soothing quiet after a vehement storm,
    Now the only thing left is the infinite silence at the end of our tune,
    We are finally set Free.

I have no idea why I wrote this but I'm stoned. Is it any good?

2. It could use some better semblance of rhythm, but there are some cool ideas there. Maybe break up some of the longer lines so that the reader has a better idea of where emphasis should land? Unless these are meant as rap lyrics, in which case they're bound to be hard to "get" unless heard aloud from the author...or if they're more beat poetry, in which case the line-end rhyme seems a little odd, but then, beat poetry's a little odd imo anyway.
    Keep writing! The fact that you have creative ideas and an urge to put them down already puts you ahead of a lot of the population artistically. :)

3. ^ I agree, though if this is a rap then you just need to work on timing and the # of syllables in each line. You kinda fell apart at the end with soon/storm/tune/free; threw off your rhythm.

I think if you focused on your content first you could fill it in with rhyming after you have some direction. Figure out what you want to say before throwing in another element.