I didn't get the job at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by corvik, Jul 24, 2009.

1. It's bad enough that the economy is so horrid I had to resort to return to these soulless bastards. I went in for my interview, everything checked out, they offered me the job.

I went to take the drug test (the Quick Fix worked) and they called me back in, they forgot to give me the paper to fill out if I had any charges for the background check before they made the check.

Well I had a weed charge two years ago. As far as I know, something can't just fall off your record unless you moved in court to have it expunged, especially since pot is fairly serious business in NE Arkansas. I copped to the weed charge on the paper and my background check for felonies and misdemeanors in the past 7 years came back clear.

Three weeks I wait for these fuckheads, calling about every four days to see why they won't get back in touch. They told me they were just waiting for enough people to have an orientation. Then the background check company sent me another letter that said they rescinded my job offer.

Now, i read a few things about this online where someone puts in their application expecting an interview, only to be marked as "non-competitive" (non-hireable). The company never releases the reason why that is to you, just to Wal-Mart, so you're left in the fucking dark as to why you weren't hired. I read one of the determinants of this was if you were going to school in the immediate future, which I was. But I still got through my background check and drug test so I assumed it was about the charge I admitted to.

I don't know why my record is clean (though that is valuable information to me now). That's three weeks I could have been looking for a fucking job just to be dicked around by those people. God I want to set that motherfucker on fire.

2. yeah I was thiking about that also... that sucks man, good luck finding another jerb

3. Deliver pizzas dude. More money and they'd hire Charles Manson no questions asked.

4. i recently quit my job but i forgot i caught a charge while i was working there so i might not get this job i had a interview for yesterday. luckily up here i never had to do a drug test.

5. Fuck it. Don't work for those commy motherfuckers anyway. I unloaded trucks for Wal-Mart when I was a freshman in College. They have propoganda all over the break room: Sam Walton quotes painted on the wall, pamphlets on how to be the perfect employee, etc. etc.

6. Yeah seriously fuck walmart. I cashiered there over night.

7. Do it, they're pure evil. Did you know they tried to sue a former employee who suffered serious brain damage in an accident unrelated to WalMart? Once her family won a huge settlement to provide care for her for the rest of her life, WalMart sued her family for $500,000 to recoup their medical costs for her care. They eventually called it off after a ton of public pressure. Read about how they treat their employees, their vendors, the competition, and how they ruin communities by destroying local businesses.

Burn it to the ground.

8. i didn't get a job at Smokey Bones either. Couldn't measure Pasta and Rice fast enough.

Now if I was high that task would have been so much easier

9. Better then my break room at work, in some areas there isn't even a floor or a poster with the biggest motivation quote to cover the gaping holes in the wall lol

10. Yes!!

11. The irony in that is that Sam Walton actually valued and respected his hourly employees. Now they're treated like utter ass.

Trust me I know many reasons why the corporation is evil. Unfortunately I live in a town of about 7000 and the rest of my jobs have always been about 50 miles from here. Sometimes you just have take what you can get. Except I took it and didn't get it. If they weren't the almighty Wal-Mart, the bullshit they try to pull would be criminal.

12. when i was looking for a job my mom was telling me to go there...i said i dont want to be a fucking slave to the wal mart corporation...fuck that place

13. the only time i go to walmart is to steal lighters and candy
    i have never given those bastards a cent. fuck walmart and fuck target

14. Has anyone seen the video on the walmart family end of the world compound?

15. was that weed charge a felony? I think they only background check for felonies.

16. HAHA! Same...cept I slip in DXM too..

Fuck Wal-Mart.

17. I can understand having a conflict with Walmart for how they treat there employees, but hating walmart for destroying local business is just unjustified. If you can't compete, then you get knocked out. It's how it works with every business, small or big.

Everyone need to smoke a fucking blunt and chill the fuck out. :smoke:

18. Answer me this: did you stop applying for jobs after Wal-Mart offered you an interview?

19. tough luck man, theres other opportunities out there.. better ones

20. #20 corvik, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
    I stopped applying for jobs after I was told what my pay would be and taking a drug test. Any normal business guarantees you employment upon a negative result.

And to light green hay, it said they checked felonies and misdemeanors on my copy of the check, for the past seven years. A friend of mine who goes to law school told me she sees weed tickets under traffic violations sometimes. I don't know how accurate that is.