I could really use some advice..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blackpala96, May 19, 2017.

1. Hey guys, new here and new to growing. I'm not new to forums, so I understand the search function and the ins and outs of navigating around on here

With that said, could someone look at my plant, yep just one, that I've been growing for about a month and a half? Please? :)

So, here's the rundown. I have no idea what kind of strain I'm growing.. It was in the bottom of a bag :)

I'm growing in Coco, I'm using 6500k cfl's. Usually 4, but sometimes 6. I have a fan circulating air in the grow room(it's in a downstairs shower) The lighting has been on 18/6 since I transplanted. No nutes as of yet, but I have been giving it a tea from earthworm castings every other watering. Plus, I mixed some castings into the soil.

The plant looks healthy, but I'm starting to have some curling leaf issues and they look kind of dry.

Any help, any at all.. Would be awesome. Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

2. Any better pictures of the actual curling?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. Do you know what tempetures you are at?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

4. Hey buddy, she's a bit small I won't lie to ya, but she has potential for sure!!

How far are those bulbs from the plant and what are the temps? Looks like it might be getting a little warm, is there a fan circulating anything? If not you can buy a cheap 5 dollar fan it'll help with heat. As for nutes I don't grow in coco so I can't really speak on the nute cycle there.

Seems like light is the biggest missing factor. Also could be a weak genetic seeing as it's a bag seed.

For reference this is my plant at 1.5
    Second pic is 2.25 months of veg also a bagseed. Currently 2 feet wide and about 1.25 feet tall

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's around 75-80 at all times.. About 50% humidity, regulated with a dehumidifier about 10 feet outside the grow.

Attached Files:

6. It's around 75-80 at all times.. About 50% humidity, regulated with a dehumidifier about 10 feet outside the grow.

7. The bulbs are about 3-4 inches from the top of the plant. I have pretty vigorous growth starting between the more mature stems. I do have a fan blowing when the lights are on, it faces the wall and blows air around the room and vents out the bottom. Temps are 75-80

8. Seems like you're okay then, do you ph your water? Coco is hard to over water which is great but it can also be finicky. The curl is usually heat or ph. I feel like a proper seed would have grown better because your conditions are pretty ideal.

Have you looked into nutes? Chem or organic?

9. I'd like to keep it organic if at all possible.. I was hoping someone could make sure 'she' was okay and I would just go from there.

I can add more light if need be, I have the bulbs and plugs on hand.

10. She's okay I would keep her going, and she's old enough to take as much as you're willing to give. But manage heat.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks man, I appreciate your advice.

I have enough plugs and bulbs to put 12 bulbs in the room. Just sayin.

If anyone has a good organic fert, to accompany my EWC.. Something I can buy locally, I'm all ears.

12. Ouuu I grow organically aswell! And I get great results, I use the General organics GO BOX. It's about 40 bucks and works great. Except you will need 2 additional things and 1 optional thing that I found helped a lot.

The nutes stay around 5.9-6 ph. And that was low for my babies so I had to get ph up and ph down for my tap water.

And molasses just makes everything better..bigger bud, better taste. Ect ect...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looks like heat stress? It may be 75-80F in there, but between the bulbs and leaf it may be much warmer. Try a fan blowing directly over the top of the plant.

It does look a bit hungry.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

14. I went down an moved my fan, it's blowing over top the plants and between the lights. I'll definitely look into nutes soon.

15. I am new to growing but wouldn't your plant benefit a lot from some nutes? Leaves are pretty lime green. I use some botanicare grow nutes and the leaves are a really dark green.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I'll be sure to grab some nutes tonight when I head out.. I figured that was going to be part of the issue.

17. This issue is mostly common with cfl and LED-t5 (not regular T5) it's to hot for them on top try a swing fan, and btw you don't need a dehumidifier you can go to 60 70 % easily in veg. Besides you're playing russian roulette with bag seed But hey looks good so far... Anyway hope for you it aint from a hemie plant.

18. Unfortunately the dehumidifier is for the whole house, to wick away as much humidity as possible. It really does help and in the summer, my air conditioner doesn't run as much. But, I will definitely adjust it to the 60-70% you suggested

19. Luckily my local Farm and Fleet carries Fox Farm products for $7 a bottle. Mixed some up, diluted a bit, and gave her a drink. And now we wait........

20. Here's a full picture of my setup.. Water source, drain, super white reflective walls..

Attached Files: