"I could care less" rant

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by JonBongJovi, May 16, 2006.

1. When people don't care about something they often say "I could care less" but if you look at the meaning of the phrase, "I could care less" means you care.

If you don't care you should say, "I couldn't care less." Think about it. If you don't care then there's no way you could care any less because you don't care at all.... i.e. COULDN'T care less.

I hate when people say that. It's so lazy and wrong.

Say it with me... "I couldn't care less."

Rant complete.

2. I could care less man...

3. It's not really meant literally, it's pretty much sarcasm. It basically means.. i COULD care less, but i care so little, that I can't even care less.

4. I don't know about that. I think people don't realize what it means. Anyway, it's just something the ticks me off once in a while. It only really gets my back up when supposedly educated people say it, and I hear it from these people far too often.

5. similar to when people say.."i didnt do nothing" when getting accused of something. Complete contradiction but people dont even know.

6. double negatives man. 2nd grade shit.

7. Much like "supposably" as opposed to "supposedly"....doing "good" vs. doing "well"...etc. People have found many ways to butcher our language!

8. its not english anymore. its american.

9. Here's another one, "I seen."

My little godson turned to his dad one day and said, "Daddy, I sawed the frog!" Of course, as a three year old that was actually pretty good syntax. He recognised the adding "ed" to many verbs makes them indicate past tense. He just didn't realise that saw was already past tense. Then his dad corrected him by saying, "No, you seen the frog."

I think I died a little bit that day.

10. Why would you die? I fuck with little kids all the time. They don't remember shit.

11. ::seizures::

12. i hate the word irregardless. my friend mike says it all the time. its regardless. irregardless negates the word. ugh.

13. I do say couldn't care less, k?

14. Did you see that on that movie Puff Puff Pass? Lol I seen that and was like yea wtf irregardless

15. haha infact i did, but its bothered me since long before then.