Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I cough a lot a few days after smoking weed.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HempHouse, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Last week I got baked for 3 days (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) straight. Smoking a few joints, but mostly out of a pipe. So, I felt fine Sunday, but after Sunday I have been coughing a lot, sometimes in the middle of the night. I feel a little tickle in my throat and I cough up flem a little bit, I can always feel it in my neck though. I was wondering what is wrong with me lol, can anyone suggest so something to help. (I have not smoked weed since)

2. The little defense hairs (cilia) in your lungs most likely got irritated and are now working hard to repair themselves and go into overdrive to clean your lungs (the cilia produce slime to clean and transport it upwards to get rid of any bacteria etc, that makes you cough).

I don't think it's an infection, but it has been going on for a while now. Do you have a fever? Do you cough up sputum, if so what colour is it?

I'd try drinking lots of hot stuff, that always helps me when I cough

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 JoeyMeatballs12, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    At any time when you were blazin did you hack some lung from a big ass toke?

Iv'e found that if you cough real hard (especially with rolling papers) while the smoke is still in your throat/lungs you can "burn" your throat to where there is a little raw irritation that occurs in the fibers and chords of the trachea. Your body is producing extra mucus in your throat as a response to this irritation. When your laying down at night this mucus sits and builds different to where you might wake up from unconsciously coughing.

Also known as Smokers Sickness.

Edit: Forgot to mention, gargle with some warm salt water and drink some hot tea with honey. If your still sick a week later go to your doctor.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sorry for the late reply, but I always cough up mucus, but it is usually clear, no fever or fatigue. It wakes me up every night for at least 5 minutes