I come to you with pictures of my work week.

Discussion in 'General' started by OpenMindFields, May 5, 2012.

1. #1 OpenMindFields, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
    Remember me, yea, it's me again.

The guy that just works too much.

16 hour days, 10 days on four days off. Here's some of the stuff that was happening in this gravel pit, we're already at another pit. An hour away from this one.

Just a variety of pictures, I built my pile of material into a ramp, so I'd drive to the end of the top of the pile and dump the material over the bank, so I snapped a few pictures of the entire pit and the crusher.

That cylinder shaped thing you see is the actual crusher itself, the long white deck that's next to the big hopper screens the sand and stone, so if the stone is too big it goes to the end of the top of the deck, and up to the cone, and back out onto the deck again, if the stone is small enough it falls to another belt and out to the big telestacker, that you see going back and forth.

That telestacker is pretty nifty, it goes back and forth very slowly, piling the material that you see, it's all run on a built in computer, it looks like a mini version of windows 98 to be honest, touch screen and everything, you can set the incline, speed, degrees to move, it has a sensor on the front, and when the pile gets high enough the sensor will raise the belt. It is really great, you don't have to worry about it.

But yea, that's my life, I'm enjoying my weekend. Worked in the rain all week.

Attached Files:

2. braaaaaaaaaaa brooooommmmmm mmmmmm

3. soo what are you building?

4. you get paid bank i bet

do you still toke? they don't do random drug tests?

5. Keep up with these threads/pictures man, they're really cool. Your name always fits well with them too somehow lol.

6. We don't to the building, per se, we just crush the material and pile it, then we sell it seperately, or the guys at the wash plant run that material through and it separates the stone and sand, and washes both, then they haul that into the concrete plant for concrete.

I'm high every single day lol, where do you think I got the idea to build that pile of material into a ramp?

It's loud, dusty, but yea, playing around in a loader is always a good time.

7. Bump this is MAH SHIT. lol

8. You don't have to worry about drug testing with that type of job? I would've thought operating heavy machinery would call for randoms, but I dunno.

Seems like a sweet job!

9. No drug tests. Company don't wanna pay for it.

10. Fuuuuccckkk....

I'm sure it's good pay and if you're just operating the machinery,it couldn't be too hard(correct me if I'm wrong)but there's no way I could work that many hours AND that many days in a row.

Props to you,yo!

11. How do I apply? :hello:

12. I had a job like that last summer. Nine hours a day, sometimes six days a week.

Pressing scrap metal under a tin roof in 90plus degrees. Brutal but you know I was high the entire time.