I challenge YOU, fellow blade...

Discussion in 'General' started by spikeystud88, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ...to make this your myspace/facebook status, and help inform the public + spark a discussion where you can educate people:

"What are you thoughts on marijuana? Do you think it should be legal? Whether you agree or disagree let's get a discussion going!"

I did this about 20 minutes ago, and already have 10 comments (including my responses to people). So far 4/4 people that have posted have agreed it should be legal, although 2/4 didn't really know any of the true benefits of cannabis (other than getting high). So I informed them. I disproved any of the reefer madness they thought was truth, explained to them the many reasons why cannabis is so great/useful, and now they fully understand the awesomeness that is the marijuana plant.

I challenge all of you to do this today. Talk about the cartel problems, hemp, the medical uses, economic reasons, everything. Show them why this beautiful plant should be legal.

Now go forth and change the world!

2. I've actually started MANY discussions with FB friends regarding cannabis. Obviously there were those that diagreed, but the majority were just mis-informed and had questions from all the way back to their "D.A.R.E." days. I usually post quotes or rhetorical questions. I lost my sister as a result. LONG story, but she now says she's embarassed to be my sister and has stayed away from even my son.:(

3. The first part you posted is awesome man. I've been trying to do the same thing lately, and I've been surprised how many people my age/that are friends with me are misinformed. A lot of them are open to the truth too, not like old people who hear that facts, and just ignore them.

Really sucks about your sister. Honestly though, if you've talked to her about it and explained the benefits, and how NOTHING about it is harmful/bad...she has no reason to act that way. It's one thing if she thinks you're some stupid pothead stoner noodle brain...but if she knows all the facts and STILL thinks you're a 'bad guy' for smoking it, that's just ridiculous. Hope she comes around eventually.

4. Thank you. She has smoked before, but only a couple times in HS. She got pretty messed up. Of course, I took care of things, including Mom & Dad. I'm not sure WHY she's acting like this. She's an Rn that used to see the benefitas every day(She preferred to take meds that she was supposed to give to patients, that's why she has been fired from 3 medical facilities. She's known I smoke for a LONG time and has always disagreed with it but never judged. Now, she just got re-married and is "Feeling the Holy Spirit" and says her problems are in the past.

5. I would mate, but i'm a professional. Can't be seen promoting an illegal drug

6. Understandable. I just wish she would let by-gones be by-gones and be my sister again. I kinda understand her thinking, but I don't agree with it. Doesn't mean you turn your back on family though.

7. I don't like to flood my facebook with potheadedness

8. I hear that, because so many prospective employers check it. My current employer knows and is OK with it.

9. It's only 'potheadedness' if you act like a moron.

10. If I had a facebook I would help u out man!

11. .....but its Friday.