I can't wake up in the morning

Discussion in 'General' started by thelizardkin, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Ever since I was a kid I always had a hard time falling asleep and getting up in the morning it's lost me friends I flunked out of school because of it I've missed apointments I've tried so many things and nothing works it's gotten so bad I can't remember the last time I was up before 2 and lately I've been sleeping from 6-7 to 4 and it's destroying my life I'm getting a sleep study tomorrow but I need to be there at 1pm and I'm not sure that I'll be able to get up any help from my fellow blades?

2. Set an alarm?

3. Have something that's motivation too get you up?

Could be a good bowl, awesome food, new clothes you got. Etc.

4. I don't have it that bad but NO MATTER WHAT.

I can't get OUT of bed before I hit the snooze button 3 times minimum and its FUCKED my hygiene..

I shower every 4-5 days. Nobody knows but me and my close buddy cause I still brush and everything but no matter what if I determine I need to leave by a time in the morning I wake up 10 min EXACTLY before the last min possible and brush my teeth and get dressed spray on some axe and take off..

Have to be at location that's thirty minutes from y home at.. 7am..

I'll set an alarm for 5:45 but snooze until 6:25 and do my shit and leave. And I work every single day so it's like.. :/

And on the days I have off I sleep till 12 or 1 everytime :/

It's become bothersome and there's nothing I can do about it because its become a gnarly fucking habit.

5. Try just not sleeping for a night and that day, and waiting to sleep until 8pm the next night. Sleep until you wake up, then get up.

When I do this, it resets my sleep schedule to a more mainstream one. Being without a steady job has left me to just sleep when I want, but I quickly transitioned into yours. What I suggested is how I am able to switch back. Feels kind of shitty that day but works like a charm.

6. Dude I have the opposite problem. I can't sleep in. Once I open my eyes is game over

7. Are you depressed? I never feel like getting up anymore, so much BS lately. I always stay up late these days, probably my "medication".

8. Thank you but I've tried that and it works for a day or 2 and then I start getting bad again and sometimes I can't make it the whole night and I make it even worse

9. I was dignosed but it seems to come in waves I'll be depressed for a while then I won't be it's weird and I can't wake up

10. [quote name='"thelizardkin"']

Thank you but I've tried that and it works for a day or 2 and then I start getting bad again and sometimes I can't make it the whole night and I make it even worse[/quote]

Are you actually lying in bed, doing nothing, trying to sleep? If you are, I'm sorry, I don't have any other advice. There's lots of advice online if you haven't already researched it. Most of it didn't really work for me though :/

If you're not, give it a shot. It's boring, but you'd be surprised. I've definitely seen you posting on GC at ungodly hours of the night :p

11. What exactly do you mean you "can't" wake up in the morning?

Do you just not feel like getting out of bed?

Or will nothing wake you up (i.e. sleeping through alarm)?

12. lol i had this same problem for a very long time, and its honestly your sleep schedule.

here's what you have to do.

1. get up at your usual time

2. don't do anything that day but physical activity, no t.v., no video games, no internet nothing. just you, your body, and food, all day. when night time comes around, thats relaxing time.

3. make a lot of food thats high in protein, you're going to need lots of energy for this to work or you'll be crapped out halfway through (eggs, chicken, turkey, fish, whatever)

4. run a good 3 miles (take breaks if you have to) if you feel like you can do more after 3, do more. i've gotten all the way up to 10 miles in one day in the past couple months.

5. Eat more protein and drink a glass of milk followed by lots of water

6. workout for a half hour to an hour (whether that workout be arms, legs, chest, back is up to you) or until you feel you can't do any more. think of all the shit you hate about life when your working out too, i find that it goes hand in hand with motivating yourself.

7. after your workout have another meal along with some kind of fruit or vegetable. i usually do broccoli with some apples or a smoothie on my lazy days.

8. shower all that stank off

9. if you do everything i say and start at around 2:30-3:00 you wont be done until 9:30 or 10:00, if you have time to spare by evening go ahead and relax and do whatever it is you do to unwind.

10. after a full day of physical activity i guarantee your body will want rest and you will be tired at a reasonable time. although, there are some nights where i do get a second wind and im still not tired by 11 or so, if thats the case go for a little jog or do some sit ups or push ups to some good music and take some melatonin to bring you down a bit. That way you will be waking up at a relatively normal time and you're doing good for you and your body.

this is basically what they do to you in the military, they have you on a strict schedule of food, exercise, food, exercise, food, then sleep. After awhile you will become accustomed to this and you'll see vast improvements not only in your sleeping schedule but your body as well. BUT! you have to stick to it, if you find youself staying up too late again that means your not pushing your physical/mental limits and your body can go on for much longer.

13. I try 2-4 times a night to sleep and after a hour or so I grab my phone

14. I half wake up I'm aware of what's happiness but I can't make my body get up

15. Once I left my fucked up stereo on and the fucking speakers blasted like fucking gunshots in the morning.

Try it.

16. It takes 27 straight days of sticking to something to break a bad habit, so use some willpower and stick to it.

17. You physically can't or you just don't want to?

If it's the latter, suck it up! Most of us hate getting out of bed in the morning.......but it's a necessary evil for most people that have jobs/attend school.

If it's the former, then I apologize for sounding a little harsh. Sounds like you're doing the right thing in scheduling a sleep study.

18. i will help you out........,,.,..,.,.,.,,.<><>><><WAHSHASHDAHSE

know that if you dont wak up on time, the leprachaun will be looking for his shamrock.....that you stole and smoked from him...........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpbwZ6qCSGU]Stara Ba[/ame]

19. I used to sleep too much when I smoked too much regs / mids / mersh. Stick to modern strains with higher THC and you'll get less CBD/CBN buildup in your bod.