I CANT wait another 7 years

Discussion in 'General' started by marvineel85, Sep 19, 2018.

1. I must begin by giving you all my history with marijuana.

I began smoking when I was 15 years old. I ended up really loving it, and for 3 months, I smoked every other day and approximately a gram or two a week. I then read about the debilitating effects that marijuana had on developing brains. I'm not the smartest guy, but I do value my intelligence, and in fear of losing my cognitive abilities, I quit smoking.

Now I am 18 and of legal age to acquire a medical marijuana card. But, in the scientific articles I've read, they all come to the general agreement that our brains will continue to develop until the age of 25. I CANNOT wait for another 7 years, my friends. Bud has given me so many great experiences and with all the bad things going on in my life, I REALLY need some relaxation.

I am currently majoring in philosophy and the subject tends to be very intellectually vigorous and demanding of analytical abilities. I worry that smoking while my brain is still developing might impair my ability to retain information or process complex concepts and ruin my work habits. BUT... one detail within these articles on smoking for teens gives me hope. All these articles detail experiments done on habitual or chronic users. This led me to wonder if possibly I could moderate my use to a certain schedule that was able to leave me with little to no brain damage.

Yes, I know that there aren't any studies to show how much smoking is enough to avoid brain damage, but I guess I'm looking for some reassurance and a theoretically safe schedule to follow. So, fellow tokers, what would be a decent schedule to follow in order to maintain functionality/work habits and cognitive abilities?

TLDR: I'm an an anxious piece of shit and I've been worrying over whether I should start smoking again. I'm 18, but most studies show that the brain continues to develop until we're 25. I would like to avoid brain damage as much as possible while also enjoying the occasional toke. What's a good schedule to follow (how often I smoke) in order to deal little to no brain damage, and keep my work habits and focus in order?

2. Dude...Look, if smokin' weed caused any amount of brain damage I would be functionally retarded at this point.:coolalt:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 GorillaGherkin, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Lol keep eatin all the BS the government feeds ya. Next time ya do research don’t go to a government fda site their full of shit.
    No offense but for as smart as ya claim ya are this is a pretty dumb post.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. #4 old shol4evr, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

5. I’m 21, been smoking since 14/15. I ain’t gonna lie, I ain’t the smartest egg in the box, but I also ain’t the cracked egg. I was failing school before I first sparked up, and I still failed after I started.

I don’t believe it’s made me dumb in any way. I usually only smoke at night though - I actually notice a better high if I work hard all day and then toke...
    In the end, I’m 21 years old and live a life many never have the chance of living. I have an easy life trading stocks from home and I’m my own boss... All while being able to enjoy my daily smoking.

Alcohol though, Alcohol makes me DUMB AS SHIT.

• Like Like x 1