i cant roll a joint

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by tbake420style, Oct 21, 2009.

1. So ive been smoking for awhile out of my homemade pieces but i haven't really rolled a joint before. Ive been looking up guides on the web and videos and such but nothing seems to be helping. Anyone got any advice on how i can roll a better J or how much weed i should put in there.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

2. ha, man im in the same boat as you... homemade pieces, i actually rolled a j earlier... ummm id say fill up the paper about half way, for a fatter j, grab with four fingers, push the herb to the bottom, in a line, and fold the little bit of paper over the herb, then roll the rest of the paper over it. ive found that practice makes perfect my friend! :)

3. I found changing paper styles was a huge help. Some of them were much easier for me.

4. y not go and buy a 10$ glass pipe:confused:

5. Wjat Stoli said, I couldnt roll until i made the switch from those untra thins to something a little thicker. Also just practice, internet guides prob wont help much.

6. ^ Actually that reminds me. If you wash your hands and make sure they're dry and oil-free it makes rolling joints a lot easier.

7. aight cool thankks for the tips guys and no i havent checked the forum guide didnt know there was one thanks. :D:smoking:

8. First, papers can be a make it or break it thing for most ppl. Personally I prefer Joker 1.5's.

I haven't seen any joint rolling guides, but I'll describe the way I go about it and I roll a near perfect or at least a very smokable doobie every time.

Take a 1.5 paper and fold up the bottom about a half or three quarters of an inch to make a V shape. Then on each corner of the V, fold up a little on each end to form a trough...kinda like a pleated baggie. How much will come with experiance. Place some smoke in the trough and level it out, making sure you get some on the ends. Then fold up and start to roll, making sure it stays even...you don't want something that looks like a pregnant anorexic. Don't be afraid to un roll a little to get a handle on things if it starts to get ugly. Use your thumbs as you go to pack it by pushing down to make the next little twist tighter. It's kinda hard to describe...maybe I should make a video...LOL!

9. ummmm......

[​IMG]?

thats what I use

10. That's funny, I can't roll with worth shit. I too use this device, works wonders compared to what I roll.

11. for real. I cant roll without it at all

12. Roll a joint. Tear it open and roll another joint. Repeat.

13. Even though i can roll joints, i have this same thing, cost me $3.. deff. worth it

OP, if you really want to roll your own joints...

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

you're not just going to magically be good at it, you have to practice

14. buy some buglers or any ryo's
    $2 for 40 tries
    if ypu cant do it by then,, rolling machine.

15. Practice, practice, practice! I swear at the beginning of last summer, i couldn't roll for shit, blunts or joints. Now, after a summer of forcing myself to learn, I can successfully roll without my roller and it's a much more fun hobby now. I enjoy rolling a nice j in the morning and evening, it's a great trade to learn believe me.

16. do not buy buglers, they fucking suck. They are some of the cheapest papers money can buy for a reason. And the tobacco they make is horrible too. tops not to bad if you want cheap ryo papes

17. I learned to roll using a pack of papers and a mixture of parsley and oregano while sitting in front of the tv at three am on a saturday night.

18. if you cant roll, just use a pencil to make the cone and fill with weed, very simple.

19. since nobody else said it: dollar bill trick. I almost always smoke out of one of my pieces, but when i have to roll a J, this is how i do it. I cant roll very well without it, but using the dollar bill, i roll a pretty mean joint.

Google it