Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I can't get high-IS THIS NORMAL!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by buddahlover, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Whats up every one at GC, Iv'e been smoking for over 7 years and occasionally if I smoke a lot of bud over a few days my tolerance builds up so fast and gets so high I can't even get high. It sucks, I know the best thing to do is to take a t-break but damn its hard not to smoke when you got a couple of frosty super dank smelling nugs stinkin up the room. I know many smokers build up a tolerance after a while but is it ths bad. See if I'm sober for a few days I can get pretty damn high off three or four good hits but at this point I could smoke a few bowls by myself and I only feel light headed ad I don't get high at all. Its like I my brain can't absorb any more THC and only after just a few days of smoking out. IS THIS NORMAL!

2. happens to me. i hate it.

3. Exactly. That is why I think T-breaks are not worth it

4. #4 darkstar2021, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2009

Thats exactly what me and my buddy were thinking after the last t break. We decided to take one together, both of us are daily smokers. The first few bowls were pretty nice, but after that, it felt as if I had never even taken a break at all.

5. Probably just need to take a longer break then. When you've smoked for a long ass time like that, you gotta break for a long ass time to get your tolerance back down.

6. It's because you hit "a first few bowls" Try half a bowl after a t-break you'll get just as high..

7. When I go on a t-break I always try to drink a lot of water as well as exercise to get rid of the thc in my body fast. It seems to work too cause after a one week break I can get pretty toasted for a month or so.

8. It happens to me, just not as severe I guess. After a week long T-break, the first 2 or 3 smokes are really good and I get high quick, and after that it's back to my normal high tolerance.

It's a curse, but oh well. Lately, I noticed that if I smoke using this little thing I made, I get way higher than I would using my normal bowl. The new piece is basically a straight glass tube that gets larger at one end (think like a trumpet). I just put a screen in it so it isn't a totally open tube, and I hit it like a one-hitter or chillum, pack it the same way. One of those things and I'm faded.

Thats about all you can do.. just try to up your session anyway you can if thats what you want to do. Mangos before you smoke, better methods, etc..

9. youve reached the end of the rope in that case my friend.

same exact thing was happening to me, i would spark blunt after blunt and i would get a slight buzz for about 20 minutes after each blunt....needless to say it was horrible.

honestly man, its gonna take a good 2-3 months of sobriety for your tolerence to be as low as you want it to be.

sorry, but you just gotta suck it up and try to go a month at least.

ive been smoking daily for 4 years now, and after getting to the point your at, i decided i have to go at least a month so i could enjoy weed again.

and now here i am, a month and a half into my t-break, feeling healthy, energized, and not coughing at all.

i recommend trying it.

10. with me, i dont necessarily build up a tolerance per say, my body adapts to functioning while high, don't get me wrong, i could still be high as a motherfucker, but i could probably do shit i normally couldn't do if it was my first time getting high

but a strong tolerance to weed, that just sucks

11. i wouldnt5 know about this.my tolerancde has stayed the same i used to not smoked tht much but now i smoke multiple times a day.and when i hit a bong after a few rips its like im too high.

12. my suggestion would be to cut back the next week or two. Instead of taking a full sober break, maybe only smoke a bowl or two a day

that will rebuild the tolerance slightly without completely stoppin enough to the point you can get high again

13. Try working out. I get high as fuck every day because I go out and play soccer a couple times a week (plus other sports...) but I think that physical activity helps flush the metabolites out of your system.

Are you smoking during the morning too? I had a period where, for about a month, I couldn't really get high either, but that's because I was smoking sunrise to sunset. Now I just smoke once a day, at night, and that's helped me regain the ability to get high as fuck!

14. Maybe smoke only a few times a day, and allow yourself to come down in between (as sucky as that may sound).

15. ya shit happens.. at one time i would blaze blunts and not feel a thing... just got to go on a break or just smoke a shit load of pot