I call it "HydroGanics" 100% Organic Soil combined with Bio-Bucket Hydro! (Theory)

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by HydroGanic, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Well, you can always count on GC for moral support. And maybe some help.:wave:

2. i have done this before. it works quite well. just make sure to run alot of water through it and get it packed down. a small bubbler on the bottom and the roots shoot right into the water. small nutes were added after the plant was strong.

3. I did something very similiar to this...however without the geniusness of doing organic nutes in the soil mix.

I took a 20 oz cup...filled it with a 1-1-1 Verm-Perl-Styro mixture with 3-4 in of rocks at the bottom. Cut several holes in the bottom of the cup and set it in 3-4 in of water. I called it the Poor Mans Wick System, a buddy of mine called it EzHydro.

The beauty of it is that the roots get all the aeration they need from the super-airy mix but all the water they need from the reservoir. And believe it or not, I was actually able to pull this off without an Air Pump...well, sort of. I added an air pump with 4 weeks of Flower left(vegged and did the first half of flower w/o)...and the only reason I did this was for added growth rate(and it def increased the growth rate)...I was not having problems with root rot or anything of the sort. I didn't even have the res covered and I had no problems with light exposure :) However, still had the problem with excessive nutrient uptake he was talking about...also, made a HUGE mistake and put two diff plants of diff genetics in the same res...one plant flourished amazingly the other sufferered N toxicity.

My overall thoughts....Amazing idea! It should work...and well at that. All the nutrients available in organic slow release form and all the water the plant could possibly need. Should produce amazing, sweet, tasty, huge buds.

Judging by how old this thread is, guessing this has already been done...but Good luck either way!

4. Has anyone suggested Orgando instead of hydroganics?

5. Hey! I had this idea very long ago. I have actually had success with it.
    It's a heart Idea nd you should had fun doing it you just have to watch out for problems that arise when one uses soil. But the way I did it was with a green foam block stuck into the net with hydrotron all around it but leaving the top part of the green exposed.

I would add the organic forumal nutes right to the green foam. Not to the water so the roots would know exactly where the food and the drink were coming from. It grows a lot faster that way.