Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i burned through my...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nahitscool, Aug 22, 2011.

1. screen today which leads me to wonder...how much copper am i inhaling...should i even use one?

2. Nah its cool

3. It's official...You're going to die. Now, I don't know when...Or even by what. But one day, you will indeed die.:cool:

4. chill out everyone?

5. Smoke more pot

6. I don't use screens for smoking tree, use screen if you're going to smoke a concentrate. that is if you need one

7. lol, holy shit you need to change those more man. iv never smoked thru my screens

8. I'm justing layin' it out there the way it is, chief.:cool:

9. would you count hash as a concentrate or are you talking about hash oils where you need a blow torch?

10. I doubt you are inhaling much copper, you most likely just heat up the copper so much and build up so much resin on the screen that the copper just becomes brittle and breaks away slowly.

And yes, use a screen when smoking hash.

11. Where are you getting copper screens?

Or are your screens brass? Then yes, that's copper and zinc.

12. i dont use a screen at all but then again i never smoked hash from my pipe so yeh

13. Glass screens will prevent this :)

It's 'ok' (using the term, loosely) to use metal from time to time, but if you are a regular toker, you should invest in something a bit more healthy and longer-lasting. You can cause damage and scarring of the lung tissue and respiratory tract, the extent of the damage and the consequences will vary depending on your exposure. The consequences more often than not, appear as you age, rather than immediately (akin to working for a period of years in similarly 'hazardous' conditions).

14. yeah it may be brass or zink i have no idea its the same color as a penny

15. fuck screens just get a bong or nug plug that shit. I used to use screens then I realized they're not really necessary, imho.

16. all of you should invest in a one/pinch hitter. 1 you can smoke them literally anywhere. 2 the conserve the shit outta bud. and 3 they're fuckin awesome

17. It's brass. You should be fine. I've burned through one or two also. They are like $1 a pack (obviously you know) so you might as well just switch em out earlier, just to be safe. But, I didn't die, nor did my friend.

Cheers

18. i am always too lazy to go down to the head shop to buy a screen for my bowl.. the hole is a bit too big. so right now i just a little bit of ash left after every hit to stop it from falling through.

19. They use brass specifically because it does not release crap when it gets heated by a flame with the temperature of a lighter. I prefer glass but my bowl right now has a giant hole and I need to use a metal screen.