I bought "Purple Haze" and I want to know what strain it really is

Discussion in 'General' started by Dottumblrdotcom, May 29, 2012.

1. Hey, I bought some so-called "purple haze" from a friend of my friend. I really don't know him much, but he convinced me to pay $30 for a gram of purple haze. Where I live, $20 is the price for good shit, and so I did some research. Apparently, people call it purple haze to make it sell better and for more $$$, and that the strain has been gone for a long time.
    One of my friends ended up buying a quarter oz of it, and actually got to buy it for $105 instead of the acquaintance's asking price of $130. I figure this kid is either trying to scam people or he just doesn't know the difference. I think he is trying to scam people. He's now selling for $20 a gram, but I want to ask him what the strain really is. It was really purple when I looked at it. First time I ever saw purple weed, even though I know there are purple strains. It was potent, but I hate getting lied to.
    What should I say to him?

2. I just wanna know what the real strain is.

3. What makes you think he's lying? Even if he was he wouldn't tell you the real strain. I've smoked so many bull shit strain names dealers have told me.

Anyways if you want to know if it was Purple Haze just look it up and read the effects, taste, and smell and then compare. No one on here is going to know what strain it is by only knowing its purple lol

4. I can't believe u paid 30$ for a gram of purple weed.

That could be granddaddy purple, purple urkle, grape ape, lavender, OG Purple.

The list is endless.

Grats on paying 30$ for a gram, that dealer was prolly loling at you and your friend.

Next time, dont pay 30$ ever

5. Good luck I doubt they know and it is virtually impossible to distinguish the strain. Learn, smoke that shit, and move on.

6. I'm not trying to have you guys distinguish the strain. I wasn't that clear though. I just wanna know what I should ask him. I don't care that I payed $30 one time. I can afford to do that once in a lifetime.

7. I heard that purple haze has been gone for a long time, as in the strain does not exist anymore.
    People use it as a way to sell weed faster and/or overprice it. I didn't care, I was in need of some stress relief. I can buy the same shit for $20 now so it doesn't matter. I think he's new to dealing.

8. You should have gotten at least a half eighth for 30.. I laugh at kids that try to charge 25

9. Lol he really mind fucked you. Purple Haze doesn't exist anymore lol?

10. I learned from someone else that Purple Haze doesn't exist anymore.