I am so proud of myself

Discussion in 'General' started by MrJamesDean, Jun 18, 2015.

1. #1 MrJamesDean, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    When it comes to cooking food for myself, i am a scumbag.
    When it comes to food i had the idgaf attitude...I have no patience and buy usually only frozen foods, lazy food. 

"I have hunger now! and i will not wait": i shove some frozen chicken nuggets, pizza, etc into the oven and 10 minutes later i was eating it.

But today, i decided i should change this, or at least try cooking some food.

I bought some pasta noodles, clams, garlic, white cream for cooking, butter, lemon sauce and to top it all off white wine. I also added sprinkles of basil fresh from my roommates plant. I went through the long process of boiling, cutting, teaspoons, blah blah. It took a bit of my time but.. it payed off! The mixture of all this in my mouth was a orgasmic thrill of a lifetime and it wasn't even that expensive.

I feel like a new-man...no more shitty chicken nuggets, grilled cheese sandwhiches, fast food nonsense for me! I've been enlightened and i thought id shared my experience. I shall accept my rookie-cook certifcate and continue more lame and cheap cooking ideas!

2. The novelty will soon wear off, and you will be back on the junk by end of the week lol

3. That's rad! All the ingredients you mentioned sound crip together, and it sounds like the execution was spot-on. Props to you, good sir/ma'am. When you start cooking more and more you learn firsthand what ingredients go together and those that do not, but above that level of linear relation you learn to build new tastes from the ingredients, new flavors of whatever you're cooking... It's kind of hard to explain what I'm trying to, but I feel I may have gotten at least some of my point across. My contribution to... This thread, and I guess not much to you. I don't know, it's just commentary. Good day, sir/ma'am.

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

4. There is nothing quite like spending all day cooking up a pot of gravy and some macaroni and feeding everyone some hot googatz jussa like momma used to maka

5. I get this way whenever I make edibles :smoke:

6. #6 OOTROLLOO, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    I love cooking.

Just wait dude, some day, soon probably...you'll cook for someone else...

For me one of the best feelings ever is when someone else takes those first few bites of something that I made and I see their eyes light up and they say, "god damn! this is delicious."

[​IMG]

7. Cooking high is amazing. Its like being a scientist and an artist at the same time.

8. Same reason I love to cook. It makes people happy and brings them joy (when you're good at it [​IMG] )

9. That secret ingredient love is REAL.

10. You don't love to cook? I like to prepare food for myself and my family too. And always looking for great chances.

Of course love is real!

11. Hell yeah dude! Cooking is great. Eating REAL food is even better and you'll feel so much better rather than eating fast food or frozen garbage.

12. Cooking is simple and a great skill to have. You can easily impress other people by cooking for them. If you want to cook even easier, buy a wok and a wok cookbook. You can learn it all really quick and make really good food simply, affordably and quickly.

13. #13 Deleted member 646086, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    I buy  healthy frozen chicken that's already cooked, should i feel bad? The only thing i can make is KD and spaghetti lol