I am at a loss...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by geetar77, Dec 15, 2007.

1. This plant is almost 6 weeks old...and has gone through alot of trauma. I finally have her under the right conditions, 3 26watt CFL's, temp. between 75-76 degrees, water PH is adjusted, and 2 transplants. Now that everything is in ideal conditions it seems that it isn't helping. I have been using PH adjusted water for about 2 weeks now, after realizing my soild had manure in it, flushed it out, and transplanted to regular top soil. now my PH is at 6.7, and have been watering like that for 2 weeks. just today though the bottom two leaves just fell off. and now there are some brown circles appearing on the leaves..i am starting to think i was not cut out for growing. i'm going to research as much as i can, let me know if you have any ideas..if any. thanks

Attached Files:

2. thats still cheap barky soil, barky soil generally has strong fertilizers added so that something grows in it

what brand of soil?
    what are you using to check the PH?

In the middle pic, looks like I see one of those notorius fertilizer balls that does exactally what you see in your plants to most mj plants

3. It's not name brand..whitney farms top soil. and i'm using a chemical PH tester to test my well water. that little ball is a remnant of my previous soil that had the manure in it..i couldn't completely remove all the old soil from the roots when i re potted.

4. i should also add that i didn't have proper ventilation in my box up until just a few days ago..so it was pretty severely heat stressed for a good amount of time too.

5. looks to be nitrogen def & magnesium def, not 100% but, i know u got some nute defency going on or in lockout.

6. well water = salt buildup in your soil=not good. id suck it up and buy some distilled water. i have well water and despite all my expensive toys, i couldnt get a damn thing to grow healthy till i started buying distilled water. (60 cents per gal for me)

7. all whitney farms soil products contain fertilizers

8. wow i didn't know any of that..i really don't want to re pot again, but it looks like i'm going to have to. and get some distilled water, because i have noticed i'll make a gallon batch at a time, and get it down to 6.7 around there and a couple days later when i need to water again i'll test it and it is back up to 7 or higher.

9. first, top soil is not good to grow in, chuck it! you should also use some perlite. it helps with drainage/aeration. at this stage, you should be using at least 3/4 strength (if not !00%) nutes. change your ph to 6.5.

10. What nutes do you recommend?