i am apathetic.

Discussion in 'General' started by McLovin23_x2, Mar 17, 2010.

1. anyone else feel the same? when you feel nothing whatsoever- about anything- when you realize you should.

i'm failing a class. nothing.

i'm out of pot. nothing.

i got a job today. nothing.

been like this since november.

2. I remember my first xanax..

3. i dont take pills.

4. sounds like you should. depression is a real disease, with real symptoms and real consequences.

See a doctor dude.

5. Was this just a debbie downer way to tell us that you got a job today? lolz

But seriously, i get the same way a lot...which sucks cuz when im not completely void of emotions, then im feeling horribly down and depressed...between the 2 id rather just be apathetic

6. just smoke some weed tard

7. Yeah, I'm def thinking depression.

Luckily a quick doctors visit should be all you need, its definitely never too late to talk to the doctor and see what he suggests.

8. Definitely sounds like depression, but... was there anything that brought it on? Or did you just start feeling this way for no apparent reason in November.

Is it starting to feel better now that Spring is coming.

I only ask because I've been dealing with SAD for a while, and talking about it with a lot of people and it's way more common than people think, so when I heard about depression setting in in November ( right when the seasons start to change, days get really shorter), I thought maybe it was a Seasonal Affective Disorder kind of thing

You live in Chicago so it's a pretty perfect place for winter to fuck your shit up.

9. Dude I'm the same. I'm not depressed at all I just don't care about most things. A lot of people make fun of me for not having emotions. And when I think about I don't really have any emotions.

10. ive been stuck with clinical depression forever it seems. See a doctor man. They will bounce you around some medications and just pick one that does work for you. And they DO work. You just have to use em and keep using them.

It is amazing how your outlook can change. Even for the simplest things you can imagine. Depression is no joke.

11. I think people are too quick to tell someone they have depression.
    Depression has become a very generic term for, "Being bummed out", and the two are not the same thing at all.

If you feel like you are truly depressed, see a doctor, but be careful about what medicines you take if they think that is your problem. There are many very dangerous antidepressents that could only make your problems worse.

Sometimes it's as simple as meeting new people or breaking your standard cycle. Doing the same thing day-to-day can really wear down a person and make you feel a bit numb and apathetic.

12. and thats not depression?

13. You may wish to see a doctor.

Fatigue - Symptoms, Causes, Tests - NY Times Health Information

14. It doesn't guarantee that you have depression, no.
    Just because those are symptoms of depression, does not mean you have depression.

I can have a bad cough without having the flu, can't I?

This is exactly my point. People think they are doctors because it's easy to associate symptoms with disorders. But that's easy to do and it doesn't mean you are right.

As I said, if he chooses he might want to see a doctor, but these feelings do not guarantee he has depression.

15. You, yourself are in that category. to disassociate symptoms is just as easy.

You got a point though. Going to a doctor isnt branding you with depression, its just a precaution. But id rather be safe then sorry.

Also if i met someone who said "i have chest pains!" i wouldnt say "well..... if you FEEL like it, maybe you might want to, possibly see a doctor."

i would say see a doctor. Having chest pains doesnt mean that person is having a heart attack, but the risk is there. Same with depression, the risk is there, it is a serious condition. So why not get it checked out?

16. No, because I never claimed he had or didn't have depression. I just said it was up for a doctor to decide, and I was making the point that people are so quick to assume they know what health problems people have simply because they can search the internet. Google doesn't make you a doctor. ;)

17. #18 tharedhead, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010

Or he could have non-Hodgkin's lymphoma:)
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/q024gg343684538
    or....
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/554263_2

I just love saying "corpus callosum"....cor-pus cal-losum....ommmmmm.....

18. i was speaking from personal experience. google doesnt come into play here

19. Neat.
    Doesn't change a thing.