I am a beginner grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by XxkushchronicxX, Mar 10, 2017.

1. So about 3 weeks ago i planted an unknown seed i got it from a guy who homegrows and im pretty sure its a sativa but im not completely sure cause there are always exceptions i dont know if its growing af fast as it could be its only one plant and its 11 inches tall. Its very skinny and im not sure if its what im growing it in or what it looks pretty healthy but im not sure if im doing something wrong or it thats what plants usually look like as I said it is my first plant. I have it 9 inches underneath a 65w heat lamp in a college wardrobe i have in my room. A few sets of normal leaves are coming out but the first layers look pretty bad but again I am a beginner grower so I am unaware of what early stage plants look like. It already smells really strong but I've heard of shit weed smelling strong af. I live with my parents and they are either unaware of it or just dont care Im not sure which, but I dont want to bring it up and have them not know and freak out (safe rather then sorry). I am looking for pointers and tips not people trashing me calling my crap or whatever I am trying to grow my knowledge not get hate. Again as I am new to growing and am appreciative of any tips and knowledge to be shared with me
    Thanks

2. Sounds like you have next to no growing knowledge. If it is skinny then you aren't giving her/him enough airflow (get a fan on her to: 1. circulate the stagnant air and 2. create a breeze that will force your plant to strengthen its stem). Also, if you dont have one, you should get an exhaust fan (and intake, but if you only get one make it an exhaust) to remove 'used' air. Plants consume carbon dioxide and create oxygen which you need to remove from the grow space. Then there's nutrient feeding: unless you provide her with measured nutrients and ph'd water she will not make it to the end of the grow (the same as how a kid cant develop on a diet of water). Need more details: what light are you using (you dont want a 'heat lamp' - unless its really cold i guess.. cannabis needs as much light as you can pump into it),
    what max/min temps is it exposed to,
    what medium are you using,
    are you giving it 18 hours of light and 6 hours of complete darkness,
    are you feeding (and how often) etc.
    The more details you give the more useful advise you can get. Growing isn't rocket science but i certainly wouldn't have started until i knew as much information as a novice with no grow experience could. There is a section of grasscity for "absolute begginers" which might have more useful information for you, check it out:
    Absolute Beginners

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh and if you dont tell your parents, and you make it to the flowering stage, they WILL find out whether you like it or not xD expect the STANK to arrive...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you for the tips and i am working on getting a fan i just dont have a small enough one currently and I knew about air flow i have been airing it out every couple hours just by swinging the door open and closed I have a little bit of knowledge but it is breif and I do appreciate the constructive critisism and not just your a retard. I do know very little I have just been giving it water when the soil is completely dry I will hopefully have a fan on monday and the only reason I havent given it any fertilizer or anything is because i was unsure of when to start giving it because I read on another thread on a different forum that its not good to give it to young plants cause it will kill them and there was multiple people saying it so I believed it. I debated mixing in a little bit of sugar or corn syrup but havent gotten around to researching it and I figured it be be faster to ask here with details. I have the light on 24 hours, should I not? I have the heat lamp cause my room is not warm all winter and so once it gets warmer out I will change to a lower heat light but it is still cold in fact its snowing right now. I also open my window to let in really fresh air every couple hours and I will go check out that other thread and again thank you for not just calling me a retard

Stay high my friends

• Like Like x 1
  5. All good my dude that's what this community is all about. Peace.

6. #6 EarthgrownHerbs, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Your light will not work. Do you have any available funds to purchase the proper equipment? If so what is your budget?

I strongly suggest getting a grow bible, or even watch some videos. You unfortunately are doing things in a manner that almost guarantees little to no harvest. Read, learn, and you may do better next time. You need to find and follow a simply grow guide. They are all over the net. Just pick only one method. Don't pick pieces of different successful methods and hope to be successful. Stick to one route and it will make it easier for you to identify issues in your grow process and adjust accordingly. Also, always make only small adjustments once you have a proper setup and game plan. Change too much at once and it's near impossible to identify the actual cause of said issue.

7. You should replace that heat bulb with some cfl's or led bulbs. You will able to get them closer and they will keep the plant warm if they are close enough. Heat bulb wont be able to be kept close enough for the plant to grow well

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had planned to but my room is very cold over the winter like 30-40 degrees i plan to make the switch to another bulb probably today
    I have little to no funds thats why I have been in lack of most equipment again just had the heat lamp cause my room gets very very cold and stays that way cause I keep to myself and keep my door closed Im a very private person when it comes to my household. I am following Robert Bergman and Im alright with not having an excellent yeild as it is a random seed (I got it from a friend who traded a bunch of something smoke related stuff (I cant remember what) and is for personal use and i have just sort of half assed it because I was a farely social person so I was constantly gone for a day then id come back and that was only for the first week or so and it was very lumped over and saggy cause of lack of new air and I knew that was probably the issue so one of the days when it was 70ish degrees and was home alone I set it outside my window not visible from anywhere but way in my back yard and left it for a couple hours and she sturdied up a little but by no means enough and i am working on getting a fan and also an exhaust vent but the exhaust vent im not going to be able to run all the time so i will run it when i can with my window open as the breeze will take a decent amount of the stench out cause its already smelling really strong and i am also working on making up a carbon filter. I should have already filed my tax returns but i havent gotten around to it so i may see about filing today hopfully so i can at least have the security of at least 250 in returns cause I was only working part time and the store cut my hours a whole bunch before they went out of business and stupidly let my friend borrow a bit of money to fix his truck then the store shut down and i have yet to be repaid but at some point he is just going tk give me 10 grams and were calling it even he has a much smaller plant and it got cracked but is healed and going again i done know how he has his set up but i dont think its good as mine (I understand that i am lacking key components) he is in his parents house with no closet or anything and is trying to hide it from them until its warm enough to move it to his tree house until harvest. And i dont even know if its a male of female right now so yeild isnt my biggest concern i am just looking to get it as healthy as i can get it with little to no budget now so it will be healthier in a later stage and since many strains are different im not sure how long its going to take to mature and im sure much longer since Ive uselessly dittled around for almost a month so hopefully when i change the bulb later that will be step one and i have a fan that i should be getting monday that I will get on the plant immediatly once I get it and hopefully an exhaust will come shorty after
    Thank you for the constructive crisism and not just your a retard and i do have more of i think the same seeds but they are all just unknown strains just good old fashioned homegrown
    So once i get the rest of my stuff i will do another couple of seeds and hopefully put off a decent yield but i just dont know thats why i came here for help and i know and admit it was stulid to just jump into it without enough knowledge or the right equipment. I live very rural and i dont have my license so it is hard to find jobs around here so i had the seeds and figured i would throw one in as a test run just to work out kinks and maybe get any bud or even no bud and just make butter but i just wanted to ensure i would have marry jane in the future

Stay high my dudes