I am 100% sure i have ADD or ADHD

Discussion in 'General' started by goodseasons, Mar 28, 2012.

1. #1 goodseasons, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    I'm tired of denying and tomorrow i'm going to the doctor so i can discuss what i can do to get it treated, i've had trouble with school all my life, and now more than ever i need to concentrate on finishing (way behind). If the doctor does end up diagnosing me, and prescribing me some type of medicine will it affect smoking weed? I haven't smoked in like 3 months anyway, but i'm planning to start again soon, and i don't wanna like end up having problems in the long run. So if anyone has add, or adhd do you smoke? Do you smoke with medication, any other info would be helpful.

Each symptom that i put a ~ next to, means it applies to me

Symptoms

The symptoms of ADHD fall into three groups:

Lack of attention (inattentiveness) ~

Hyperactivity ~

Impulsive behavior (impulsivity) ~

Some children with ADHD primarily have the inattentive type. Others may have a combination of types. Those with the inattentive type are less disruptive and are more likely to not be diagnosed with ADHD.

Inattentive symptoms

Fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork

Has difficulty keeping attention during tasks or play

Does not seem to listen when spoken to directly

Does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace ~ (Just school, an at home, it's hard for me to stick to things, i always feel as if i need to start over completely if i mess up, or just don't like it)

Has difficulty organizing tasks and activities

Avoids or dislikes tasks that require sustained mental effort (such as schoolwork) ~ (Just can't get myself to do the work even when i have nothing else to do and it's right next to me)

Often loses toys, assignments, pencils, books, or tools needed for tasks or activities ~ (Always lose writing utencils)

Is easily distracted ~ (Somewhat depending on what it is)

Is often forgetful in daily activities

Hyperactivity symptoms:

Fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat ~ (Thought it was anxiety, but i'm not anxious i just can't stop moving, like i'm always on a motor)

Leaves seat when remaining seated is expected ~ (In a way, i like moving around, talking to everyone, especially in school i go to 1 place, then the next, then the next)

Runs about or climbs in inappropriate situations

Has difficulty playing quietly ~

Is often "on the go," acts as if "driven by a motor," talks excessively ~ (This a lot)

Impulsivity symptoms:

Blurts out answers before questions have been completed ~ (I don't blurt it out, but i want too, i just know i shouldn't till there done talking)

Has difficulty awaiting turn ~ (Hate waiting, and very impatient)

Interrupts or intrudes on others (butts into conversations or games)

2. Now what

3. ^OP is a bad parent?

4. Idk my gpa by the end of junior year was a 0.7, and currently its only 1.3 (senior year), i mean throughout middle school and high school i never did any work at all, so i had to really get "pushed" to pass. It's not that i don't have it in me to do, i just can't force myself at all to do for some odd reason (really hard to explain how it feels) I've also taken adderal, and focalin before, my buddy gave me some and it made me feel so much more alert, relaxed and in the zone, compared to now where i'm trying to do like a million things at once, and end up not really succeeding at any of them. I also seem to talk a lot, like i love to talk a shit load and even today i was cruising with some buddies i noticed i probably talked at least 50% more than them, just because i seemed to have all this energy like i drank 3 energy drinks (even though i didn't drink any). These are things thats been going on like forever, and some people have even told me it's like i have add or adhd.. So i just feel like i really do. Its not like i want to have it, it just feels like it would explain a lot, especially in my case more than others.

5. I never actually had "parents" mom kind of shipped me off to my grandparents at 4, and they were never really "helpful", so yeah bad parenting could be the case, but honestly overall i gotta say i'm one of the nicest most pleasant people i've ever met :)

6. Don't take the meds, they fuck you up bad. I think you'll know which ones I mean.

7. ^ hey im on meds hahaha seem to help me out a lot, but made ganja a lot worse:(

8. I ended up abusing them.

9. on 30mg of vyvanse right now.. not sure if thats an unmentionable or not, if it is I apologize haha but as of right now its actually helped me a ton but I hate blazing on it, its just not the same

10. I just dont know what to do man, im supposed to graduate this june and im taking a bunch of online classes to finish highschool, actually all my classes except 1 are online.. and i just can't get myself to do it, like right now i could be doing it, but it's as if i can't force myself.. Maybe its just all in my head? I don't even know if i should mention any of this to my doctor especially cause she knows i used to smoke a bunch of weed...

11. I was on a different one.

12. Just fuckin man up and do it dude. Life is about doing shit you dont want to do. School is fuckin easy wait till you get a shitty job youll see. Just man up bro and go do your damn homework

13. i have ADHD. it sucks sometimes. i have been taking medicine since i was in the 4th grade, but i have recently stopped due to side effects i did not like (felt like a zombie, no appetite, no motivation to "have fun", etc) i believe if you have strong will power and commitment, u can overcome the disorder, but it is really hard. the drive to do anything u dont want to do is nonexistant and it takes a whilee until u have to do do school work

14. Its not homework man, they're classes

15. Still applys tho bro come on its not hard.

16. Yeah man thats how i feel i can atleast force myself to do anything besides like schoolwork... School work is where it hits me, im gona fight it man, im gona get this shit done... Im smart and when i actually force myself i know i can do it, its just finding that force... I mean if i don't do this, i won't graduate with my class this year. :(

17. That right there should be your motivation bro. When i thought i was gonna fail i said no fucking way and did everything i could to get my grade up. Like missing homework or failed assignments. Dont give up dude thats the easy way out. Ya the easy way is easy but guess what. Lifes harder with out a diploma than with one. Yeah you can get a GED but thats the shitty/pussy way out. You can do it dude stop talking about it and do it.

18. ADD/ADHD doesn't even exist.

19. Im going to need to be put on antipsychotics I really really don't want to.

20. don't listen to the people telling you not to take meds. I would agree they can do a lot of harm but they can help tremendously. it's not like taking them once is going to ruin your life. just try it out for a week or so and see how you feel, and if you don't like it or think it's not helping you can just stop and/or talk to your doctor again.

Also yeah discussing these meds is actually against the rules. awhile back i made a thread about depression and taking antidepressants for it and my thread got closed and i got a warning :rolleyes: