I aint dumb! help me Identify the problem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bantos44, May 18, 2010.

1. So ive been doing a TON of research the past few months and have most of the tools neccessary for a good small grow.

I have these 2 clones that Ive been trying to grow, but it seems as though they have some sort of nute lock or nute burn. Heres the history/details

they are about 15 days old
    been watering as needed
    ive only fed them once @ 1/4 of strength till I got some runoff
    ph has been from 6.5-7.

what the heck is the problem?

the only 2 conclusions I could think of were
    1. the tap water is causing the root lock or
    2. the mother had a little nute burn and they havent been able to recover.

FEEDBACK PLEASE

Attached Files:

2. damn schitzo, who called u dumb??;)

3. is this supposed 2b a good thing?

4. They look kinda stretched. Did you get them that way? If not, you need more light. The stems look a tad weak on the right one, do you have a fan blowing on your plant? They need air blowing over their leaves to breathe.

What nutes have you given it? Did it have micro nutrients? Specifically calcium and magnesium.

Have you tried flushing?

5. WHat is Flushing? :eek:

6. Watering your plant with lots of run off to flush the salts out of the soil. It's important to keep in mind that with proper drainage, it's hard to over water in one sitting. It's watering too often that causes problems.

7. or so what i should do to this :

have a look

thanks

8. Didn't get them that way, but had 2do some moving around and they got that way cause of the movements. They r back in good lighting and yes the fan is blowing.

Only fed them once this past sunday. 1/4 strength of pure blend pro grow.

I flushed a few days ago, don't know what else 2do.

Could it b the tap water?

9. Tap water sometimes can be pretty unfriendly to your plant. This looks like a micro nutrient problem. Its possible that you are getting locked out because of chlorine in your water. Break of a lower branch, or leaf, or one of the already diseased leaves and look for red veins in the stalk, this is a sign of chlorosis.

To be on the safe side i would use distilled or RO water for now, next watering ( wait for soil to dry decently first) Give it alot of fresh pure water and if this helps your tap water may be the culprit.

I have also read that in soil mediums when your soil begins to dry, your ph spikes pretty hard when you are feeding with chemical ferts. perhaps if your soil is at 7 when watered, then when it dries its getting up to 8-8.5 this would cause some lockouts of micro nutrients if it is occuring.

i am very inexperiences in soil, but hopefully my response gets you looking in the right direction at least.

Whats the NPK numbers for your food? is it a hydro or soil nute?

10. Tap water sometimes can be pretty unfriendly to your plant. This looks like a micro nutrient problem. Its possible that you are getting locked out because of chlorine in your water. Break of a lower branch, or leaf, or one of the already diseased leaves and look for red veins in the stalk, this is a sign of chlorosis.

To be on the safe side i would use distilled or RO water for now, next watering ( wait for soil to dry decently first) Give it alot of fresh pure water and if this helps your tap water may be the culprit.

I have also read that in soil mediums when your soil begins to dry, your ph spikes pretty hard when you are feeding with chemical ferts. perhaps if your soil is at 7 when watered, then when it dries its getting up to 8-8.5 this would cause some lockouts of micro nutrients if it is occuring.

i am very inexperiences in soil, but hopefully my response gets you looking in the right direction at least.

Whats the NPK numbers for your food? is it a hydro or soil nute?

11. That second pic doesn't look like nute burn/ph lockout to me, but I don't know what it could be either :confused: This calls for the real pros, of which I am not one... but to be safe, how are you measuring your Ph?

12. the best thing to do is to flush them with clean water, they r still babies u should just give them water for the first 2 weeks and then start giving them nuts, because the soil has some nuts enough for the first weeks

13. ph meter

14. I flushed a week ago. since ive had them the only time ive given them food was 5/13 @ 1/4 strength

15. [​IMG]

this is what ive been feeding them. or what I gave them the 1 time i did @ 1/4 strength