I <3 Philly! WOOT WOOT!!!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 102856, Oct 16, 2008.

1. So this was one of my coolest high experiences:

Went to the balcony with my girl and smoked some bowls. This was around the time when the Phillies game last night was ending. We're sitting on the ledge with our feet dangling over, just looking at the city. Then we see fireworks go off in the distance. People come out of nowhere and start yelling WHOOOO and PHILLLIES!!! on the streets, cars have their windows down, people are half out, they're honking their horns. We're yelling from above and everyone's so happy, people are shouting that they love us, etc.
    Then we go outside for some food, but this huge crowd of red fans comes past us and we HAVE TO join, we follow them to city hall and there's a huge crowd, more cars are honking, there's police cars everywhere. People are driving in circles around, drunk, and sticking their hands out windows. Random people attack you if you stick your arm out for a high five.

Everyone was just talking about how they've never seen so many people so happy.

I mean, I dont care too much about baseball, but this was insane. Then energy was great, and I loved it.

PHILLY PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (oh god, imagine if we won the playoffs):D

[​IMG]

shitty cam pic.

2. Sounds like a great time! Philly always struck me as a city with a lot of community feel; apparently their jazz scene is one of the more friendly ones too.

I couldn't imagine a scenario like that happening in NYC :eek:

3. haha you did win the playoffs now youre in the WS

and after tonight the rays will be too and theyre going to whoop the phillies

4. nooo:(
    my theory is that since this hasnt happened since '93, the phillies will be feeling REALLY good and cocky so that will make them play better, plus they have all the support of this good ol city

5. plus, i need some more excuses to shout from the balcony

6. Well, once the phillies loose maybe you can shout for the winning team from your balcony and start a giant riot...

7. it is the city of brotherly love........

8. Where in philly? Im at drexel...and it gotta pretty loud around frat row/powelton...was great. Can't imagine after the WS..

9. yeah drexel too. i was around frat row too, everyone was fuckin drunk and had to get up for work in 3 hours, it was great.

10. Reppin Philly bro. Good shit going all the way.

11. #11 Deleted member 102856, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2008

chick

but yeahh:D

12. I sure hope you're right, I've been waiting 21 and a half years to see ANY kind of sports parade in Philly. Although after last night, I'm kind of afraid Philly would burn down if we won a championship. They say Philly phans are the craziest, guess we'll see in a couple weeks.

13. yeah there were cop cars speeding by us and i heard riots broke in other areas
    i thought a fight might start in city hall but didnt happen..oh well haha

14. I was skating around center city all day today and i seen some people giving out phillies shit like decks of cards or something I dunno, I was buying a blunt from a newstand:smoke:

15. Those Ray's sure are looking good right now.

/sarcasm

16. i <3 our 6-2 lead right now. we're gonna take the ship baby. REPPIN THE 215

17. Make that 10-2.

18. more pics! from last night!

[​IMG]

people were tearing down the huge flags on the flag poles. there's someone up there..you can't really see...

[​IMG]

yeahhh city hall!!!

MAN WE"RE SO FREAKIN GOOD!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!
    last night was a blast. people dragging plants uprooted from the ground, people carrying stolen road signs and flags, people smashing bottles, lighting sparklers, setting off fireworks, dancing in the street, i have never highfived so many people :D

19. Philly born and raised. Shit was intense down here. I can't wait for the parade tommorow

20. yeahh definitely going to be at the parade