Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Amr, Jan 21, 2012.

1. I'm 18 and currently living with my parents along with my just turned 21 year old sister. I have been caught smoking multiple times, and with each time I got a whole speech about how they "understand" weed should be legal but it is illegal so don't do it. Come to find out tonight my sister is having 8 people over tonight to drink in our basement, and my parents don't care!! Mind you that my sister is the only one who is of legal age, and no one will be driving but I still think it is ridiculous.

So main point here: They don't mind if my sister provides alcohol to multiple minors and they are allowed to drink in our house. But if I want to smoke weed by myself, not even in the house they flip their shit.

Anyone else have a situation like this?

2. It's not hypocrisy in any way, shape or form. Recreational (and underage) use of MJ is illegal--booze isn't. They're just being responsible parents.

3. [quote name='"scrambledegg81"']It's not hypocrisy in any way, shape or form. Recreational (and underage) use of MJ is illegal--booze isn't. They're just being responsible parents.[/quote]

Last I checked underage drinking and providing alcohol to minors is illegal.

4. [quote name='"Amr"']

Last I checked underage drinking and providing alcohol to minors is illegal.[/quote]

And, at least here in Cali, carries a heavier fine than smoking

5. ... and 30 of those states require the people to have parental consent. I don't know many underage drinkers who have their parents consent to drink.

6. [quote name='"GreenCrackYUM"']

... and 30 of those states require the people to have parental consent. I don't know many underage drinkers who have their parents consent to drink.[/quote]

I know a lot o_O I mean if his sisters 21 her friends are likely 19-21, then most of their parents are probably chill. I'm 21 and I'm sure my parents would be fine with me having a few friends over to drink as long as we were safe. They wouldn't let me smoke weed in the house though, and its not really hypocritical at all. I could get in way more trouble, as well as my parents. It's just factual.

Your parents sound extremely lenient. They seem real intelligent to be honest, I wouldn't complain.