Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by VolcomSton3d, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Religion is a very touchy subject and people will always have their views, but for me I'm tired of prejudice and the amount of ignorance that people on GC show. If anyone would know about expanding your mind and learning knew things and tolerance, it should be us. We fight for our beliefs in marijuana and the benefits and how there is injustice in keeping it illegal, so why are we so hostile in peoples beliefs in religion? I was once a devout Christian who saw religion as a very healthy way of life. The commandments kept me from lying, stealing, and cheating. It also gave me morals of respect for myself and others, while trying to make the world a better place. I went to church every Sunday, confessed my sins to my priest, and was confirmed in the eyes of god. As of lately tho i have strayed from the church for reasons of my own. Yet even after my church going days, I reflect on all those teachings of being a good person and im glad that i had parents and church to teach me how to make good choices. I don't believe in god anymore and frankly church bothers me now because of the exact same kind of hypocrisy that is going on here. They choose not to tolerate gays, and atheists, and act to be holier-than-thou people(not saying all Christians, just my church). But being an atheist now, we are not much better. We also try convert people by calling their beliefs stupid, ignorant, and illogical. We are no better than them. Im saying we need to be more understanding, stop telling people of faith that they are ignorant, and stop telling those who choose not to believe in god, that they are hell bound. Religion is personal choice and the fact that people are arguing over a highly personal choice is wrong. Think how you want to think, and believe what you want to believe, but the moment you try and change a persons right to do any of those things is the moment you try to control what you have no right to control. Let people be and lets try and keep petty differences aside because no one comes here to be judged and persecuted

...........i think i took to many pills :smoke:

2. i totally agree man, wrong section, but i whole-heartedly agree

3. paragraphs are your friend.

4. im not publishing a book, chill out.

5. It's truly a fine idea, one that I've tried to repeat more than once; unfortunately people have to be listening for it to have any sort of meaning bro. From my experience little else seems to matter when people are in the heat of their ideologies.