Hydroponics...

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by REH1, Jan 26, 2017.

1. 18 pots...@ 20# each...time to do it easier..

Going to try hydro...haven't figured out the method yet...leaning towards deep water culture. Nutrient
    film technique looks interesting..
    Will need to decide on net pots, medium and an ec meter. O2 stones...aquarium pump. Haven't read any specific output for the pumps.
    And of course the nutrients..so far I have
    1) Sensi Grow...ph perfect..A & B..1-2-6 (B)..3-0-0..(A)
    2) Sensi Bloom...ph perfect..A & B..3-0-0 (A)..2-4-8 (B)

I would like to read any comments on whether these chemicals will carry through the whole grow.
    Will start the plants like I have all the others...in a damp paper towel, and transfer to whatever
    medium I decide on.

My water is alkaline...takes 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to 1/3 cup of water to get a ph of 5 - 6.

thanks in advance..reh1

[​IMG]

As you can see its kinda labor intensive

• Like Like x 3
  2. Damn!
    Those lights are hurting my eyes even through the computer display!
    Nice grow buddy! :love-mj2:

3. Dude, I did 12 in soil and that was mad labor, I can't imagine mixing up 20 gals every few days haha. Are you in soil or Coco?

I'm currently running a top feed recerculating system from GH called the waterfarm. It's kind of expensive and you can def make one yourself , tho idk how much cheaper itd be in the long run. Hydro makes watering 100 times easier, and growth way faster.

Grow looks awesome tho, what'd u yield if you don't mind me asking?And how many plants?

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Howdy ..Inkadis

Soil from the pasture...yields aren't that good...maybe around 250 -300 grams for this particular grow.
    17 plants. Thought I might get better yields with the hydro process...thx for the reply

5. I'm into the under current setup right now and I'm liking it for the ease of water changes. I just built my own, way cheaper than buying one.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've just started a RDWC system by a company called IWS. Once I set it up I was thinking it would of been easy and cheaper to make my own set up. Mike45214 has the right idea same set up pretty much as mine but all in it cost me £300. £70 of that was for the air pump mind.
    I change the water/nutes out once a week then refill.
    Maintenance is so much easier. I was in coco before this and I thought it was a pain watering all the while.
    Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  7. Great ideas! Thanks all....
    Like pumps made to move water. I don't see the advantage of have the nutrient supply by itself (with o2 stone and pump to circulate it, or having the nutrients in another container feeding into the pot container...

8. With the constant flow of water and with the air stones it helps keep ppm and ph stable. That's what it said about the system I have anyway

9. Look into flood and drain tables. I run 3 4x4 tables for flowering and one for veg. It is easy to perform maintenance and the water stays stable while I get giant plants and outstanding flowers with little work. Once you get dialed in it only requires 30 mins of less a weeks to maintain. Once every few weeks I do flushing and cleaning and it only take about an hour or so. I've grown for 7 years using a variety of methods and this is by far the best I've used and the easiest. I also grow in organic soil in the same tent and the hydro always turns out better than the soil. I fill my trays about 3/4 full of hydroton and each plant gets its own pot that's filled with hydroton and planted in the tray. I included a few photos so you can get an idea of the set up. I'm still working on perfecting things and I'm about to start my 3rd flowering run since I purchased this set up. I have a few things to tweak but it's does an awesome job producing flowers. Going to add co2 and redesign how I set up my ventilation. I am also going to add a second level of support for the plants to stay standing. Hit me up with any questions you have. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. -Great setup...though I probably wouldn't recognize a poor one within my little knothole...
    Why the compete clay pellet coverage? Is this a deep water setup? Do you have water/nutrients
    flowing underneath or are they pumped up to seperate plants using individual nozzles?

11. The clay people's act as a grow medium and provide the roots room to grow. They also anchor the roots so the plants don't fall over. The res u
    Is under the tables and pumped into the table which floods. There is an overflow to prevent overfilling. To grow and feed them I'm using Nutrafield grow a and b and bloom a and b. Toward the end of flowering I add so Koolbloom and run 1400 ppm.

• Like Like x 1

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Messed up bringing in the new pics...decided to go with .

The other pic is this years grow...just starting to chop...

14. Nice set up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I believe I will ask you why is there clay pellets on the tray "outside" of the pot/containers? Sure seems to be a lot of pellets not used. But no harm no fuol.

16. Hi guys I’m growing a cream cookies auto from fast buds, all good as far but I think I may be over feeding so I got an ec meter and I’d like to get some feedback on my levels so I can determine weather I need to reduce my ec levels or not.

I’m running a 45l nft system using ionic green haze a/b bloom nutes at 3ml/Lt,
    Ionic pk boost at 1ml/Lt and I’ve recently reduced my cal mag to roughly 1ml/2Lt as she was showing signs of too much calcium.
    I’m currently at about 20Lt in the tank and my ec reads 1466? I keep reading about ec levels being at 1.2 or whatever so I’m guessing mine is at about 1.46? Also my tap water already has an ec of 0.4 if I’m right.

Any help would be much appreciated