Hydroponics Vs. Soil

Discussion in 'General' started by The Rolling Stoner, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Which do you like better hydro or soil. Which bud do you like better. Or which method do you prefer for growing?

2. Indoor hydro, Outdoor soil of course.

If I have to pay to have an artificial sun indoors then I want it faster and bigger.

3. I grew both and I liked soil far better. It was slower, but easier to dial in. I always had pH swings with hydro, and slime problems. Never figured it out.
    Soil was like hitting a home run on your first at-bat.

4. Soil. Never done hydro, but I can't imagine being able to do organic hydro. Have you ever watched Cash Crop on netflix? They have a short discussion from one grower in CA on why he thinks soil is better than hydro.

5. Soil lol. No doubt

You can do organic hydro, the nutes are liquid seaweed, fish muck, blood meal and bat shit.

Im doing organic hydro now. This is the stuff im using.

http://www.hydro-organics.com/site/

7. Organic soil all the way. Absolutely love the fact that there are so many recipes out there. You can always tweak it and find different amendments to add.

I've always wondered how bottled organic nutrients work. Do they work on the same principle as organic soil? Live bacteria breaking down the food source making it available for the plants? And if that's the case, do you mess with the pH adjustment in hydro organics? Wouldn't that harm the beneficial bacteria? I've used EJ stuff before. Just always wondered how bottled organics work.

8. As for smoking, I always prefer soil over hydro in taste.

I've been told hydro is more consistent, but soil tastes better but harder to maintain.

9. #9 organicpandemic, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
    organic soil for sure. hydro and its chemicals never sat right with me. outdoor + supplement lighting is where its at 

10. I just went down and put the lids back on the jars of the DinaChem I harvested. I took the lids off earlier today (burping the jars) and the stuff is smelling good and drying nice. Looking forward to trying some soon.

11. All of those nutrients sound like they would create a lot of slime. Does it? And what about the Ph levels?

Not a bit of slime, My air pump is a real one. PH? Nothing I dont do a fucking thing, I have PH up and down and never have to use it.

Every time I test my shit PH is 5.8-6.1 water temp 69ish , PPM 800-1000

I swear hydro is way simple, people who say its hard are the kind of people who just have to fuck with everything.
    My shit is on autopilot, the lights are on soup in the buckets I just leave them alone.

I showed a co-op medical grower my shit today and he was shocked, he now wants me to give him lessons on cloning and hydro.

My outdoor is looking sweet too, Ill do my soil outside under the big light in the sky. :D

13. ^^^^  sounds good to me.