Hydroponics question.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by GigZ-16, Mar 24, 2008.

1. I feel I am finally ready to give a simple Hydro setup a shot. I'm completely new to growing without soil and I'm wondering if I could use a water soluble fertilizer diluted in water as my nutrient solution. Any of you hydro guys wanna help me out?

2. you can. use the recommended amounts listed on the fert or buy a ppm meter so you can measure the amount of nutes you're putting in the water.

3. Should I start the plants off with just water and no nute like I would do in soil, or do I just use a continuous feeding from the beginning?

4. it may be a little confusing for a new Hydro guy, but read and UNDERSTAND the content of this link

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/1654.htm

PM me or post here if you have any questions on it :)

what hydro method are you going with?
    whats your room like?
    have any meters?

feel free to post pictures and write a LOT MORE about what you want to do and what you've already done, that will get your questions answered faster.

5. if they are new seedlings/sprouts, yes, use only water. after 10-14 days dose at 1/4 strength then gradually upgrade over the weeks til you are 100% strength. If you are using a clone, then start the clone out at 1/4 strength or less then work your way up over the weeks.