Hydroponic Questions...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Ms.NatureFaerie, Mar 8, 2010.

1. I have a few questions about hydroponics because I am experimenting with it...

How much of the net pot should be filled with water?

Should I change the water once a week or?

What are some threads you would recommend me reading?

:wave:

2. Wow thats a BIG question for someone with so much rep but I'll respect. Check this link out especially the "system plans". You'll get a real good idea about all hydro systems and exactly how they work....CO2 Hydroponics let me know if that is helpfull..

3. I already have a aeroponic system I am just curious of how much water to put in it and how often people change the water. I have a lot of rep, but I didn't get it by giving out hydro advice ;)

4. I use aero, are you cloning or veggin? most aero units just need to be filled enough to cover the pump completely.

5. I will be vegging in there and eventually flowering. No cloning yet...want a few successful runs before I try other things. If I cover the airstone thing only there is no way the plants will get water. I am assuming the water will have to reach the net pot to some degree.

6. Where did u get that unit? Also, how many did u put in it? Looks like two or three? Now that you say that I think my unit is DWC instead of aero...

7. got a pic?

8. yeah the water needs to be into the pots or at least close enough that the bubbles splash up and get them wet. you can lower the water level as the roots grow out. those units make awesome cloners, just put RO water in it with no nutes and turn it on you'll be successfull with all your cuts. Problem is that the unit is pretty small and when the plants hit about 12 inches the entire unit will be over run with roots. Any where from 2-6 plants in a DWC unit is more than plenty, and thats if the unit is a large tote. The plants you seen in my grow are sporting 4-5 foot of root mass.

9. Yeah, this is why I am considering a bubblebucket route. They are fairly cheap to make and seem to be more than enough for a plant.

10. Sorry to hijack the thread, tried to put this in my own but for some reason I can never create a new thread...

Any of you experienced growers see the article in apr. 2010's high times on building an aeroponics system(Aeroponics for Stoners)? If so I'd love some feedback/insight/thoughts on it ...

Thanks!

11. I didn't see the article but I've been playin with aero for a long time and it is awesome and easy. Great results every time.

12. yeah in your situation the buckets would be a great idea, easy to do and maintain. if you already have the DWC then try it as a cloner, it will work fine.

13. Your starting from seed so I guess you will put them in rockwool once germinated???

Anyway once you do that and get roots from the bottom of your rockwool you put it in the bucket and raise your water level just enough to touch the roots, So it will be an inch or two up in your net pot. Once they start to grow you can lower it and eventually just keep it 1" below the net pot.

Hope that helps...