hydroponic help second grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by buddhasmoke791, Nov 10, 2012.

1. My first grow I used soil and a 400w mh/ hps but turned out to be male only grew one to learn from I have the bucket (5gal), ten inch netted pot, and hydroten. My questions are what size air stone should I get n where? Also what about the air pump? What size? Also I don't plan on adding nutes for this one I do nplan on using nutes for the next one though. Also how should I start the seeds out what would be best growing them in soil till they Have big enough roots? Then putting in the hydroten? Thanks for the help stay lifted!

2. This makes no sense you can only not use nutrients in soil. The whole point of hydro is to maximize nutrient uptake because they are not required to have microbes to break down organic compounds like in soil. I would recommend getting advanced nutrients sensi grow/bloom ph perfect you don't even need meters.

3. 6 inch airstone is fine with most air pumps from any pet store($30 minimum IMO)

without nutes, plany will stop growing and die, wasting your time

start seeds on a plate with wet paper towels(tap water is fine) covered with plastic wrap with the "nub" of each seed pointing the same way. then put the plate on edge with those "nubs" pointing DOWN. the roots will sprout. open it up 2 days later

then put the roots down into some rockwool. rockwool does NOT need to be soaked in Ph'd solution KISS.

rockwool gets surround by clay pellets(hydroton) and watered ASAP

proceed with hydro as usual

4. i agree and disagree bro, mostly agree lol. i dont know how good rockwool will do dry... the point of it is to be able to keep it moist... i thought. i mean correct me if im wrong. everything else i agree with. air stones dont have to be 30$ though, i spent 30$ on airstones for my 4 buckets, with 2 stones left over lol. i suggest shopping around IMO (im just cheap :laughing: )

5. why would the rockwool be dry? :)

the $30 was for the stone and air pump. I believe you misread it :)

ya cheapass ;) hahahahaah jk:hello:

6. J I thnk you and I read this differently. I think you read this and saw he would be growing in soil the whole time. If this is what he meant, I would NOT recomend rockwool.

Not exactly sure anymore but I THOUGHT he was asking if he should grow in soil till he saw roots and then transfer to hydrton media, which is why I recomended he start in rockwool and transfer to his final hyrdoton :)

7. this is to what im talking about. from what i understand, rockwool has to be soaked in phed solution, some people say and hour some people say this long but on the package it sais 10 seconds, i jsut dont think that rock wool is meant to stay dry.

i did misread it, and yea i would say your minimum is my max :laughing:

i also was trying to defer him away from starting in soil. lol. i think what threw us off is me asking about the phd solution you mentioned, i was always lead to believe it had to be soaked in something atleast lol. (i personally soak for the suggested 10 seconds and it worked out for me :confused_2: lol)

im stoned as shit bro lol, i wasnt critisizing or anything cause i mean whats good for dick might not be good for harry, just curious as to what you meant by it :D

8. all good. I appreciate the respect. Science is all about asking questions. We never stop asking them :) I personally NEVER soak rockwool. Honestly its just too much trouble. By the time i get the root into the rockwool and surround it in the pot with clay pellets, its been like a minute. then it goes into my seedling DWC tub where play god with the pump timer and water them for a couple min. Im no pro or anything but I LOVE science :)

9. ahh got cha, i think were i differ is i dont have a watering pump, see simple misunderstanding. ive always figured they would be a lot more work, its already a lot of tools to grow hydro thats all i need, another pump lol

10. you havent done hydro yet?

11. that was supposed to be a joke^^^^^^^^ :)

12. lost me, but ill blame it on the weed :bongin: lol