hydrogen peroxide

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dlpjr, Jan 31, 2013.

1. I was reading an article about this guys purple haze grow. The grower says he adds 30ml of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide per gallon everytime he does a res change. He says he changes his nutes every couple weeks. So he uses it as part of his feeding regiment . Anyone else do this? He says it helps keep his system clean and of course adds more o2.

2. peroxide kills all the microbes, mold etc. so it may be good when using all chemical nutrients, but you shoudl absolutely never do it if you want anything organic to go on.
    personally I think all that chemical stuff is just overcomplicating things, if you can achieve great results with organic soil :p

3. you dont want to use that in a reg cycle like that ..it kills all bacteria..
    good and bad, only use when you suspect somthing is wrong..
    Otherwise you shouldnt need it....

4. What do you think about 30ml per gallon, seems like a lot to me. Ya i have heard of people using it for things like brown slime, but never just for feeding.

5. yeah when i use it I do a capful to my whole res, and only when the res seems to be a tad funky.. That seems like allot to me also