Hydrofarm

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MrSagittarius, Feb 8, 2013.

1. I was looking into a few things, and I was thinking since I'm not really that creative I'd go around and get maybe a decided growbox. I finally found a hydroponic store near me, and I was wondering, or more like asking for help on what to pick out. I know it's about how much space I have and, well I'm just looking for a place that has grow boxes. No clue if I'm making any sense right now.

2. any luck with your set up?

3. Actually still in the process of getting set up actually. I'm still debating on whether I should make mine, or just fork over cash and do it the "easy" way.

4. What's your total budget for the entire setup (lights, fans, nutes, enclosure)

5. Around $700, maybe a little more.

6. is that including or excluding ballast, lamp, hood?

7. Excluding, though I don't really need my grow area to be that big. Just enough for about four plants. Maybe more if I get the room for it.

8. 4 plants? I'd use a 4x4x6 tent (maybe 5x5?), 1kw lumatek, air-cooled hood, (2) 6" fans, 6" can filter... is that the kind of thing you're looking for, or something different?

9. I was thinking more like a grow box. Er, I think the one I was looking at was called the "Super box".

10. Oh, lol. Talk about overpriced... don't the lower end models in your price range use fluorescent lighting?

11. Honestly no clue, I was.thinking of something like granted it would be a LOT cheapier to make one myself. Im just not that sure about wiring and making sure the carbon filter works properly.

12. Its easy as shit. You mount and seal an inline fan to it. Make your room and set up yourself to save the most $.

13. Yea... the $800 model uses 200w of fluorescent, lol. Look at it this way, with your budget you could either harvest a couple of ounces or a pound. Which one do you want?

You don't really have to "wire" anything with a decent setup, unless by "wiring" you mean plugging shit into a socket. :)

14. Lol well put

15. Oh, thats nice. Granted, I would think of doing something like that if I had the space, actually Im terrible at designing so yeah.
    Still having trouble with understanding the lights.

16. how much space do you have?

17. That's my problem right now, I don't have much room. I don't want to put it in the basement because it's shared and yeah... Lol. Kinda really making this difficult, bit I've been hopin on moving and actually having some room. But, back on subject, I've got about 3'x3'x3' estimate of room dont remember the exact measurements offhand.

18. Can you go any taller?

I'd get:
    3x3x5 Secret Jardin tent $160 Amazon.com: Secret Jardin Darkroom II Pro DR90 36"x36"x72": Patio, Lawn & Garden
    600w Lumatek $166 Lumatek 600 Watt Ballast 120/240 Volt - Hydrofarm Cord
    600w Eye Hortilux $75 Hortilux - 600 Watt Super High Pressure Sodium Bulb
    6" reflector $55 Hydrofarm 6 Inch AC Reflector
    (2) x 6" fans $160 Hortilux - 600 Watt Super High Pressure Sodium Bulb
    Can 6" filter $132 Can-Lite Filter 6" 600 cfm

Total $750

Ducting, timers, power strips, thermometer... and whatever you plan on using as a medium. I recommend organic methods, super easy and cheap to do.

19. Wow thanks very nicely done with the organized list. Though the 6" fans link is the same as the light. That's pretty sweet that you gave me this selection. I just have to check to see if I can do this, but I'm pretty sure I could. What would you do, hydro or soil?

20. Very good list. The only thing I would change is to find the lighting kit deals on eBay or Amazon to save $$.

Also, get a good ph/tds meter. VERY worth it in the long run.