Hydro to soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by viktorvon, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I'm growing hydroponically and I keep a gallon of grow and bloom nutrients in my garden. I can't drive to my hydroponics store, I have to get a ride from my extremely close friend. Lets say he couldn't give me a ride for a while and I ran out of nutrients, completely.

What should I do if this ever happens?
    Could I transfer them to soil?

anything other than losing my stash!!!

2. How much are you using per feeding? A gallon would last me quite a few grow cycles.

Yes, you can transfer to soil, but you still need some type of nutrients. So you are really in the same boat.

My suggestion is to buy enough when you do visit the hydro shop to last you until you can get a ride again. Either that or use some public transportation to get there.

3. its not much, i clean my resivior every two weeks though

what about prefertilized soil?
    i was just wandering in an "incase of emergency" situation if it was possible as a back up plan for my girls

lol, on the bus with a gallon of nutrients in each hand sounds sketchy

4. Why? There is nothing illegal about nutrients. You can use them for lots of other plants too.

Pre-feerted soils are typically just bad news. But yeah, in a pinch you could transfer them into some. It is easier to go from hydro to soil than soil to hydro in my opinion. So, once they are in the soil you are probably stuck there until the end of the grow.

I am still having a hard time figuring out how you are using a gallon of nutes in a grow cycle. How big is your res?

5. That may be why you are going thru your nutes so fast. It is not necessary to clean your reservoir every 2 weeks unless you have had a problem. All you need to do is add small amounts of nutes to compensate for water you may have added. You will find that the only people who are really advocating changing your reservoir every 2 weeks are the nute companies.

6. 45 gal, 8 plants
    a gallon has lated me 3 grow cycles before, but the person who gave me rides moved so I was just wandering about the soil back up plan, like soil or death, you know?