hydro starter

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pichon, Jan 17, 2002.

1. This is the first time I´m going to try growing by hydro method I have not many informacion but basicly I have the idea, I was wondering if I could hydro outdoors

2. Sure you can hydro outside! I've thought the same thing myself for the summertime here with the bubble bucket method. The only drawback to outside hydro would be not being able to control the light cycle.

Usually on my hydro projects, the lights are on for 18 hours and then total darkness for 6 hours. I keep this method for two to three weeks. In that amount of time the plant has grown plenty and I have to turn the lights back to 12 on/ 12 off to induce flowering. This would be hard to do outside with natural sunlight, unless you were in a greehouse situation and had blackout cloth.

3. I ´ve never seen anyone here growing on buble buckets, because they are dificult to obtain. I´ve always grown my weed outdoors, here in Ecuador we have the same weather all year and it never get´s too cold and we only have 2 seasons one is the rainy one and the other is the not so rainy season. All plant´s grown here tent to get very big I´m talking of plant that are 12 feet tall. I had a plant that lived for a year and 7 months and she always kept giving nice hairs.

How do you hydro? do you put something special on the water?how much sunlight does a plant need ?How much black out does the plant needs to flowering

4. I JUST STARTED SOME HYDRO UP RIGHT NOW IM FEEDING THEM 3 TIMES ADAY STARTING AT THE BEGINING OF THE 18 HOUR LIGHT CYCLE TRYING TO KEEP THE P H AT 6.3 WITH THE TDS AT 260PPM ONLY ABOUT 3 WEEKS OLD USING PETERS 20/20/20/RIGHT NOW TO PROMOTE THE FOILAGE
    IM STARTING TO FIND OUT THAT THE HYDRO IS A VERY EXPENSIVE HOBBY BUT THE PAY OFF SHOULD BE WELL WORTH IT