Hydro--ScrOG+Rubbermaid Growbox.. few Q??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by M O IK IK I IE, Mar 30, 2009.

1. #1 M O IK IK I IE, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Hey im starting my first indoor rubbermaid grow very soon. I already have the growbox made and ready for me to plant my girls. I think im going to go with an Easy2grow kit. I feel like the hydro way is the way for me:D... lets hope. The demensions of my grow box are 23.9''x15.9''x33'' (LxWxH). First question do you think a single Easy2Grow system will fit in a small space like mine?? I will be cutting a hole in the side of my rubbermaid growbox so that the reservoir tubing can connect to the grow system. Secondly i was wonder what type of medium i should use? And also what type of Nutes i should buy (i prefer foxfarm but willing to explore)??? I was also thinking about trying ScrOG with this little project of mine, what are your guys thoughts about that??

:The attatched file are of the grow box before it was finished. I just put them up so you can get a feel for what im working with

If you think i might be looking over anything i would be happy to hear whatch ya gotta say!!!!

Any advice would be awesome Thanks GC!!!

Attached Files:

2. Believe it or not im still looking for some answers to those question. this is a bump

3. looking good man. i was thinking about doing something similar. im new as well, and cannot answer your questions abut that system unfortunately. I actually just had a couple of questions for you if you do not mind :).

1) What kind of lights do you plan on getting?
    2) Your only doing 1 plant right?
    3) How hard was it to set up that grow box? did you glue them together? how are they holding up if someone were to try to pick the top one up?

Thanks, and PS- just watched fargo last night pretty red eyed, seen it before, but still a good flick.

4. #4 M O IK IK I IE, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009

First off Fargo is an awesome Film! But anyways I plan on using about 6 23w CFL along with one 68w CFL. I didnt glue than actually. All i did was put i strip of weather striping around the edge and gravity just seals it. Its very simple to take apart seeing that they are just sitting atop eachother. And yes as long as i stick with the hydro plan i will be growing only 1 plant (will be cutting clones). But if for some reason if i change my plans to a soil grow, there is a good chance i could be trying SOG with 4+ plants. And if i dont do that i will just do 2 soil plants (possible ScrOG)

Good luck with your grow!:D

5. Come on people! I know you guys know your shit!:D Sread the knowledge and inform the illinformed!!!...:confused:

6. looks good! ive been trying to do rubbermaid grows now this is my 3rd season. I keep growing males!! :(

Anyway, looks good, How do you plan on getting all those lights in there? Also, do you have your fans? looks like they might be missing

7. Well yeah thats what i have kind of been thinking about with the lights. At the moment i have a 6 outlet powerstrip and am about to fit 4 23w CFLs, and 1 68w CFLs. I trying to figure out how to get at least 2 more lights in my grow space(expecialy for flowering). As for fans go i have 1 11'' outtake fan that is just into my lid and it is used as my scrubber. My intake is 8 1'' PVC elbows 2'' from the bottom of my growspace. I will also be putting in 2 fans in my growspace

8. Sweet man, and thanks for answering my questions before. Just one more thing, how are you getting the holes? drilling them? I am thinking about doing this but thougth drilling might crack the plastic.