Hydro Links:

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SoNe_OnE, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Can n e one help me out? Im trying to find the hydro-system that reaches my needs. Im looking for some diferent methods and plans on how to build them. Ive searches around the net and all as i could come up with is simplyhydro.com. Ne other links that are diff. from this one would be great. I have a spending budget of $230.00 - But im trying to keep it cheap as possible so i can still smoke. Also i would like to know if i could use a 400 flood light kit with a 400 watt hps bulb? I found these 400watt flood lights at k mart for 20$ and the 400 watt hps light fixtures are only 80$ So if this would work- It would be extreamly cheap!

2. have you tries ebay? i found a kit for $150, it was a nice size and everything else that i have found at that size was a lot more.

3. Have you looked at the bubble bucket hydro. All you need is a big bucket, air pump, tubing, etc. plus nutes. And with any hydro system you will need a pH and EC meters, they will run you $75 each. The $20 K-mart light is not going to handle HPS bulbs. Try the indoor sun company for a cheap HPS light for around $150

4. Goto overgrow and read about the bubbling bucket. I use big tubs (12 gallon) instead of buckets, each setup probably costs me less then 20(tub,air pump,airstone,netpot,hydroton), 2 plants per setup.

5. Thanks alot tah all you who took their time and threw down there links. YeaH I was thinking about a bubbler system- But i was thinking of doing it with like a fish aquarium. I had gone up to the store yesterday and purchased alot of growing medium like Schults potting soil, perlite, vermiculite, black Kow and some Bone meal. Im gonna try growing with soil this batch, but untill i can quit smoking for a day or two and throw some money down on some equipment im just gonna stick with soil* Ill post seom pics, and keep you all updated on how it comes along! Thanks Alot*

6. Try soil first until you get the hang of indoor growing and then try a bubbler.

7. Aiight, Thats what im going to do. I also went out and bought 2 500watt Fluorecent work lights with reflectors and everything else. Does Schults potting soil, perlite, vermiculite, black Kow and some Bone meal sound like a good growing medium for veg.or no?

8. Potting soil is all you really need. The others add value to the grow but overall they really don't return much for what you spent. Just remember, its not called weed for nothing. With the right amount of light, a little dirt and water it'll grow anywhere.